450 Align DS425M not friendly w/ beastX AR7200 & Spektrum H3020 servos?

Wolf714

nearly crashed after adjusting 'dial 3' both directions.. the slowly, sluggish wobble seems to want to stay that way. I go up & over the point of 'fast wag' dialing up the gyro, & then when I back off, the slow wobble it still there. other CP helis I have flown, including the blade SR, all have had a quality of 'tail lock' where it's really dialed in-- solid as a rock

it's hard to describe these things in words, so likely I will post a youtube vid ASAP

why this setup is malfunctioning makes no sense though! all the servos are brand new, radio's good, 450X mechanical setup seems fine

the DS425M was a bitch to tweak w/ the DX6i though, & I wonder if that's the problem-- it's on a different frequency, has several other BeastX parameters reversed or otherwise altered from stock

maybe another H3020 for the tail will render this?

frustrating

murankar

Staff member
Lots of things can cause the tail not to lock in.
1) binding, look at everything from the push rod to the blade grips. There should be zero resistance on everything.
2) center to ball on servo horn, is the ball at the right distance from center on the horn. Is it set to what the directions say for that gyro
3) loose bolts in the rear output box, pitch lever, blade grip assembly.
4) servo, its possible the servo is bad
5) gyro, its possible the gyro is bad

I am sure there is more to check like tail drive system (ie belt tention and possibly gear mesh some where in the drive train ).

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

As Marankar has said above check everything, I changed out some bearings in my 250 tail grips and they felt silky smooth, but when I got to fly it there was a slight wag and it felt loose, and that's with a MKS servo on it, put the original bearings back in and it is perfect again

Fast wag = gain
Slow wag = mechanical or binding,

If there is a slight binding in your tail the ds425m does not have the grunt to get over it and keep its speed, it's why I changed my brand new one out for the MKS ds95i and that servo is the bees knees,

If you can fit a mini servo on your boom you would be better of going for a DS525m digital core less servo it's what I have on my 500 tail and it works and holds that great,

Lee

As Kev said, check for any play in the system.
The tail on my Warp 360has been rock solid for two years.
The last few flights it has developed a slow wag which got progressively worse every flight.
First fault, tail pitch arm had come loose.
Second fault, pitch slider arms are worn and move excessively on the ball links.

I have fixed the first fault which improved things no end. Just waiting on new tail pitch arms now.

Take one of the tail grips and roll it between your fingers. If you have excessive play somewhere in the tail system,
that will do it.

Top Bottom