450 Align dampener for HobbyKing 450 Pro V2 TT FBL

murankar

Staff member
I like the kbdd orange dampeners. I got mine from a main hobbies. Not to costly and they will give you better head stability.

They are a little harder than the stock ones and will hold up better.

Never mind those are for fly bared. But still take a look at the kbdd brand also.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

rjeeves33

hi Tony, you don't know where rjeeves33 is? :) That's my mistake using a form filler and not checking what it entered.

Thanks for the information. So to confirm I should be using the DFC dampers? So they will fit in the FBL head okay? Thanks for your help and thanks for making the video on what to replace on the clones. While ago I tried to make a 250 clone (HK) and didn't replace any parts and it was the worst failure ever.

murankar

Staff member
That tends to happen more times than not with those. The 250 size is by far the worst of them.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
The issue you are going to have with the clone head (I had this issue with teh clone in the video) is the hole in the head for the dampers is just slightly smaller than the Align head. I'm guessing so they can compress that crap they call dampers a little more to hold the blades straight. You will have to lightly sand the new dampers to get them to fit. Don't force them or they will clamp too tight on the feathering shaft. My advice is to just purchase an Align DFC head and Align DFC swash. My stock clone swash had a LOT of play in it. Yours probably does too.

rjeeves33

Yes, I was just hoping to tak the dampeners on my existing align order. I am still a beginner and this heli will only be for forward flight and the occasional loop at this stage. I think I will use the crap clone head and see how the blade tracking is. If it is reasonable I will use it until the inevitable crash then purchase the align DFC head & swash.

Actually Tony can just check that I have ordered the correct feathering shaft for the clone head? 450V2 Feathering Shaft HS1251 ? Thank you

Top Bottom