700 align BL850 brushless motor

Ron Stewart

Can anyone tell me the "timing" on the align BL850MX brushless motor? I am trying to set up hobby wing 200a platinum ESC ! One of the inputs it asks for is the timing of you motor. I can't find the timing of the motor any place in the instruction manual or on line. I know the pole count is 10, but that is not the same as the timing. Also one other issue, I have a ikon2 fbl, for some reason I am not getting any throttle response until I reach half (50%) stick on movement of throttle stick. I am also getting slight motor spool up when I move aileron and elevator stick. Spectrum DX7 2nd gen. radio! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Smoggie

Timing is as much about ESC as it is motor. Hobbywing default timing works fine with the 850MX
the reason the motor doesn’t run until 50% is because the ESC is in governor mode. This normal behaviour for governor
As for the spool up on aileron and elevator, that can only be because you have some mixes set in the Tx.

Ron Stewart

Timing is as much about ESC as it is motor. Hobbywing default timing works fine with the 850MX
the reason the motor doesn’t run until 50% is because the ESC is in governor mode. This normal behaviour for governor
As for the spool up on aileron and elevator, that can only be because you have some mixes set in the Tx.
Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom