600 ALIGN BL650L motor Bearing change - How To

Westy

LEGEND
Hey CRew,

Just got back in from my lab :)

motor is apart and waiting on parts.... thought I would post a video of how to change your Motor bearings on Any Align Heli motor.

hope you like it .... will complete part 2 (Assembly and installation) once my bearings arrive

SEE POST #9 for the First Video

Last edited:

Lee

Nice one. I'm spending today looking at all my tail and head bearings. Trying to get rid of play in my grips.

Westy

LEGEND
Update...... I BL#$%Y ordered the wrong bearings. Took 3 days to get here. When I went back online to the guy that sells them cheap, He did not carry the one size I needed.

So I ordered a set of 4 from Align (my LHS) - Hobby Hangar ..... $7.50 Sacrilege LoL....

So May head into the city (1 hour round trip) ....

So project is now on hold until I get this glitch sorted!

Tony

Staff member
Well that sucks. But the hour round trip is not too bad. About what my trip is to my LHS.

Westy

LEGEND
can't be bothered today ! gotta get some afternoon sleep in about 3 hours so I can function without rolling my rig during the night!

Westy

LEGEND
went and got my bearings and assembled the motor. I am not happy with it so I might add another piece of double sided tape where the gyro sits ... do you guys think I should put in a metal spacer plate between the 2 bits of adhesive strip? I am sure I read somewhere that bigger helis should have 2 of them. I know that is definitely the case with gyros

Tony

Staff member
What are you not happy about? A lot of the gyros from what I have just heard want to be hard mounted. You just have to balance your blades and get all the vibration you can out of them for them to work right. I'm sure you have seen the work, or some of it, that I have put into the 600N of mine and it's no where near flight ready. Everything has to be balanced and there can be no vibrations when you are at flying speeds.

Have you checked the balance of your blades?

Westy

LEGEND
yep ... blades are mint and tail blades .... and all the bearings and thrusts done ..... torque tube .... trans bearings ... in fact every bearing on the heli has been done. not sure what the pig needs now.

wolfman76

hey love your video i tell you between you and tony you both put out very nice clean videos oh yeah derek i love your update videos too lol... hey but westy i believe that was the same video as the first just shorter by 4 mins....

Westy

LEGEND
whoops ..... Sorry about that ... was crock all night and did some editing to take my mind off it!!!! will do the proper one next time !!! and delete the first one.

wolfman76

no prob my man love your videos
hey where could i go for a good price on a dfc upgrade kit that includes swash main shaft and head for my 500???

Westy

LEGEND
Cheers My man ..... appreciate the feedback ....

Here is part 2 -assembly

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom