FBL Gyro Align APS programme disc help

MacJ

My PC wont accept the smaller set-up CD that comes with my APS unit. I need to flash it up the V1.3 to work with my V5 3GX giro. Has anybody got a downloadable version that I can load up on my PC to get me cracking?
Secondly... does the APS have to be upgraded in stages like the 3GX to get it up to V1.3?

Thanks in advance

MacJ

Thanks Tony, I have tried this method but for the heli version rather than multi rotor. I can seem to get it to open up. Does the APS have to be powered up separately from the PC with a flight battery or will the USB link do the trick. Confused.com

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure you have to power it with 5v just like the 3GX. I think it's 5v, check the manual to verify. But your ESC/BEC should be able to power it. As far as I know, the USB will not power the unit.

MacJ

Going to have to wait then till the 3GX unit comes back..... being replaced for a duff unit that wouldn't boot up after bind. Will keep you up to date when that happens. Thank you

MacJ

Just out of interest, It states in the APOS instructions that you need an 8 channel radio to operate the APS system. I only have a Spektrum DX7S and was running thru the 3GX with two satelites. Would trhis mean I have to upgrade to a DX8 or better?

Tony

Staff member
I have absolutely no idea how to answer this. I have not had the money for the APS even though I have wanted to try it. So I'm not sure how to hook it up or what each channel does.

MacJ

OK... so I got a 3GX that will now boot up on my 600. It has the flybar conversion and the 120 swash but with the single linkage (ele) at the front of swash and the two (pit/ail) at the rear. After bind I have switched on with the bind plug removed and got the lights as described in your cracking video. I checked my servo movements and find the pitch is going wrong. I reversed the aileron servo and this has got the ail direction correct but the elevator seems to have a lack of movement and the pitch tips the swashplate forwards. I have checked my connections to the 3GX but they are good

Radio DX7s using two satelites on the 3GX

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
What you need to do here is get your cyclic and collective moving together. Not really in the correct direction, just together. Once you have that, you will go into the swash menu on the Tx and change from a positive to negative on what is reversed. Hope this makes sense.

MacJ

OK Tony, I have everything working right up to the tail set-up video. I get thru the sequence right up to the "delay" part and then it all goes bad. I hold the stick just off centre with the green light and hit the button. I switch off power and when I boot up again and test the tail direction I am getting no movement, or at least, very little. I think a USB extension and the computer method could be next

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure you can do this one on the computer, but I may be wrong. But yes, connect it to the computer and while you are doing the setup, look at the delay in your Settings menu on there. I had to do it this way on mine to get the perfect delay. And make sure when doing the tail endpoint setup, you are going all the way to the limits and just backing it off slightly. You can reduce the tail later in the Tx setup.

And I apologize for the 3 day delay, been wicked busy here lately.

Top Bottom