700 Align 800e pro dfc help....

winjeff2016

Hello This may have been discussed already but i couldnt seem to find it. Im looking for help on chosing a lipo or lipos for the new align 800e pro dfc with HV servos My ? is what do yall recommend to power the Ikon2 HD and to run all the servos on the HV system that will last through a few hard 3D flights without giving out i have 2 2300mah rx 8c lipos on it now.is that enough?thanks for any help...

Smoggie

I've got a few 700 and over size helis. My advice would be to avoid using Rx specific packs. I personally prefer to use a standard 2S LiPo with something like 25-30C rating and about 2200mAh. With one of those you can easily get six flights with capacity to spare (no need to have two onboard). The reason I avoid Rx specific LiPos is that they tend to have low 'C' rating and so suffer from bad voltage drop under load. Probably some of them are fine but i know of some that have really bad voltage drop, standard LiPos tend to be cheaper anyway.

Your Microbeast 'HD' makes wiring a battery to the FBL much simpler, you dont need to worry about splitting the supply into two servo plugs.

FWIW this is what I've used on a few helis: ZIPPY Compact 2200mAh 2S 25C Lipo Pack (US Warehouse)

The other option of course is a good quality HV BEC powered off the main flight packs but that is a more expensive way to do it and batteries are probably more reliable.

Last edited:

winjeff2016

k thanks smoggie i wa thinking that they seemed a lil small on c rating thats y i got two i just ordered 2 of the zippy packs.

winjeff2016

Im not running the beastx im running the ikon fbl unit now the beastx is a pain to setup and when i upgraded the firmware its reset everthing so i took it off and put it up.

Smoggie

Im not running the beastx im running the ikon fbl unit now the beastx is a pain to setup and when i upgraded the firmware its reset everthing so i took it off and put it up.

Sorry my mistake but I got the 'HD' part right, that means it has it's own dedicated power connector which makes wiring to a battery much easier.

murankar

Staff member
Your decision on how to go will be based on the final overall weight or simplicity. Either route has its draw backs and its advantages. I chose RX packs due to weight plus the Goblin 570 would need a built in BEC due to its lack of locations to put an external bec. With RX packs you can drop a cell which could lead to issues. With a BEC if it goes you could loose everything. One thing is for sure either go with a Scoprion backup guard, R2 Buffer pack or the OptiPower Ultra Guard 420. I have heard good things about the R2 buffer pack but I use the Ultra Guard 420.

winjeff2016

kool yea ive been looking at a low voltage switch that can be set to switch packs if the voltage drops below the set volts ill prob never put it in the air anyway ive got a 700 that i beat on with 3d and several 450s and a 500.

Top Bottom