700 Align 700E Dominator

Lee

Theres a new Trex 700 out.
Has the G Pro FBL unit and upgraded servos and motor.

a6782763-163-T-REX%20700E%20Dominator%5B1%5D_Page_14.jpg

a6782760-0-T-REX%20700E%20Dominator%5B1%5D_Page_11.jpg

a6782751-81-T-REX%20700E%20Dominator%5B1%5D_Page_02.jpg

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
When I saw the tail I thought compass warp. Maybe it's me, i Don't know. Didn't really take a good look at it to be certain.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

xokia

Theres a new Trex 700 out.
Has the G Pro FBL unit and upgraded servos and motor.
Motor is questionable if its any different then the existing 800mx which is also 520kv unless you count the word Dominator as different. This release is really dumb of Align the prior 700 hasn't even been out a year and they just out dated it.

They could have done something more productive like update the 250,500, or 600. Something that has been out for at least a year. Servos, FBL controller and frame brace are different. Oh and then the really important piece that gives it all its performance it says dominator on the canopy and motor :D

Last edited:

cml001

Don't like it... I've got the 450pro dfc (v3) & the new 550pro dfc... Love the 450.. Waiting on a fbl controller to put the 550 in the air.. But both look mean IMO... This 700... Looks... I don't kno.. Don't like it.

treff

I wish they would change their skid design........................also would look good with enclosed tail boom, they
could call it Goblin......................., yes that's it Goblin...............................I think they would
sell quite a few...........................................................................................................Lol

xokia

To even further add to the confusion there is also a 700L that Align has released.

Gotta wonder where these guys earned their business degrees from lol.

Graham Lawrie

I wonder if they know??

I think they are being left behind by other manufacturers. Lee,s Goblin is testament to that. The engineering and the packaging is just streets ahead. Just shame about the canopies:)

xokia

I wonder if they know??

I think they are being left behind by other manufacturers. Lee,s Goblin is testament to that. The engineering and the packaging is just streets ahead. Just shame about the canopies:)
I think the people at Align have no clue an if they did they are to busy finger pointing and focusing on the wrong problems. I can't say anything nice about the guy running the US operations he has no business sense and shouldn't be running a company IMO. So that's the first thing they need to do get rid of him.

I don't think Aligns designs are overall bad they still make some nice heli's. Goblins are to expensive IMO and resale on them confirms that. Problem with Align is their releases aren't thought out. The V3 700 was just released. They essentially just devalued their own customers product less then a year after it was released. Plus now the stores are stuck with product they can't discount because of MAP.

Align also doesn't seem to care about the customer after the sale. Once they have your money the only time they want to hear from you is if you are buying more product. I think customers and stores are just frustrated with them and making the switch to hopefully be less frustrated.

Align is losing shelf space to Blade at exponential speeds. Blades aren't better heli's. Align just fails at business sense.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
its not they don't have a clue because they do have some. They get a bulk of their ideas from everyone else then they attempt to improve those designs. Look at the 450L and the Gaui X3, makes you wounder whats going on. 1 Gaui team pilot was shocked at the design similarities. DFC again was not designed by them but they claim it to be theirs.

I see Gaui catching Align in market share soon. I have seen a bunch of stuff Gaui Has been doing and with the edition of the Gasser line, be ready.

xokia

But Align would rather go after Web Forums that lump Align heli's and align clones together. This is what I mean by focusing on the wrong problems. Align itself is a clone. There are a few guys doing innovative things but a heli is a heli. Squabbling over clones being lumped with Align heli's is stupid.

These guys spend to much time pointing fingers and fixing problems which aren't actually problems. Look at Helikraft shut down because of Align. If they really think some small company in china selling Align parts below MAP is the root of their problems then they have no clue. That place was probably keeping a lot of guys flying Align. All they did there was piss off a lot of Align customers.

murankar

Staff member
Look at what they did to Scorpion, of course you cant forget that Realflight did it to Phoenix just recently during the V5 debacle. Align just pushes with dollars because that's all they got. Heck they cant even make their own 3 axis gyro work right, they may have to copy vbar or ikon to get something that actually works. Align is very slowly becoming number 2 or 3.

xokia

Align is very slowly becoming number 2 or 3.
I think they are already there. My guess would be Blade has already taken the #1 spot. There is one shop in all of Oregon that carries Align, even then it's limited, all the rest carry Blade. I don't know where Align stacks up against Goblin and Gaui.....I see Goblin quickly becoming #2 and maybe gaui #3 if Align isn't careful they could end up like Thunder Tiger, irrelevant.

murankar

Staff member
I think Blade and Gaui both will be a tight ranking. You have cost being a factor. What would push blade to #1 is the local support whereas Gaui is mostly on line and slowly gaining ground there. Goblin is class all its own. Quality is what pushing it to the top. Price will be a factor getting it to the top. People like myself; lower income weekend pilot. But yes those three brands could easily push Align to a solid 4 spot with Agile running close to it.

One more thing that will keep blade and Gaui close is the fact they offer kit options. I know Gaui uses rebranded components and blade uses their own components. Both are solid components that don't need upgraded right away.

This is a good conversation.

xokia

I think Blade and Gaui both will be a tight ranking. You have cost being a factor. What would push blade to #1 is the local support whereas Gaui is mostly on line and slowly gaining ground there. Goblin is class all its own. Quality is what pushing it to the top. Price will be a factor getting it to the top.
I guess I'm not completely up to speed on gaui. I've looked at a couple and they seemed just as expensive as goblin. Goblin has gotten more aggressive on pricing. I can afford either but I guess I'm cheap cause to me it seems like you are paying more for the name and not the function. Definitely nice helis I just haven't been able to justify the expense to myself yet. I'm not a big fan of belt tails either. The gaui x4 is ugly IMO. I have been eyeing the goblin 500

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Gaui is priced to compete with Align. Repair parts are fairly well priced. The X5 super combo is 1099, this is a 550 kit. My X3 bare bones was 203.

Top Bottom