700 Align 700E 3gx Zero degree Pitch Setup

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Guys, I just finished building my first 700 size heli. Wow! The bird looks bigger and more intimidating than in the videos I had seen. Now I have to take safety into serious consideration-- this flying lawn mower can easily butcher me in halves.

Anyway, I am not really happy with the 3gx set-up. When setting up 0 degree pitch at mid-stick in DIR mode, the pitch measurements were not uniform. It would measure 0 degree at the nose, .9 degree on the starboard side, .9 degree on non-starboard, and 1.5 degree at the tail.

Suspecting that the swash is not balanced, I went back and re-balanced it. I also double-checked to make sure the servos are centered. But it didn't improve much.

Has anyone noticed such difference? How did you fix it?

Also, how do you center your servos? On this heli, I used a bubble leveler to level out the actuator arms.

P.S. I've ordered a Trueblood Engineering leveler to replace the cheap swash leveler from Hobbyking

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
yes, I checked multiple times. I am suspecting the cheap swash leveler from Hobbyking. I could feel some play between it and the main shaft. Did you check to make sure your pitch is Zero degree all around at mid-stick when you set up yours.

Thanks,

Zuey

Westy

LEGEND
you need to Level Your Swash then Zero your Digital Pitch gauge on your frame across the front.... then you can only use the readings from along that plane. So you can only do your reading with your blades running front to back of the heli .... Done.

If you try to get a reading with the blades going across the heli .... you need to re-calibrate your Pitch gauge along the heli frame.

good luck

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Thanks, Westy. Why didn't I think of it? I usually just calibrate my pitch gauge once and use it all around the heli. Too bad I can't verify that right now, my digital pitch guage is dead, more coin batteries are on their way. Will update you guys later.

Top Bottom