700 Align 700 DFC electric Help

tperk

I am putting together a align 700E and I am not sure if I should grease the all of the gears or not. What do you guys do? also I have the DFC head and it looks like I would need to remove the main DFC blade grip arm if I should need to adjust the blade tracking, or am I wrong? Any ones help would be great. I am setting up the Castle 120 Ice and I am not sure if I should set it up using the multi rotor or the external govern, what are you guys using? :redface:

Tony

Staff member
No need to grease the gears. You Gan use some graphite on them of you want though.

Yes, you have to remove the arms to adjust each blade. If you are adjusting the swash, just adjust the 3 servo links.

And most use the gov in the esc on that size. Bit you can do either. The esc is just easier.

tperk

No need to grease the gears. You Gan use some graphite on them of you want though.

Yes, you have to remove the arms to adjust each blade. If you are adjusting the swash, just adjust the 3 servo links.

And most use the gov in the esc on that size. Bit you can do either. The esc is just easier.

Thanks for info. I plan to use a Ikon controller instead of the 3GX that came with heli. I have been flying nitro helis for some time and used the throttle curve and a V curve for idle up, I guess the electric does not use that setup.

Tony

Staff member
Using the ikon over the 3gx is a very smart move, especially on this size bird.

You can still run v curves, but run the risk of over speeding the head. The gov in the castle is supposed to be pretty good. You could also get a sensor for the motor and use the gov in the ikon.

tperk

Using the ikon over the 3gx is a very smart move, especially on this size bird.

You can still run v curves, but run the risk of over speeding the head. The gov in the castle is supposed to be pretty good. You could also get a sensor for the motor and use the gov in the ikon.
I have seen some videos on setting up esp and Ikon controller, there seem to be so many ways to set thing up it make it hard to know witch one is best. I guess I need to try some of them and run the heli with out the blades to try some thing. I do want auto rotation on a switch. This electric heli is not so EZ. LOL I am sure I will learn a lot as I go on.

Tony

Staff member
You will find they are quite easy once you get to playing with them. Just plug them in and go. No adjusting mixtures, no filling the tank, no having to start them and hope they don't load up. Just plug in and go. But as you said, you will learn a lot once you have a go at it.

With that said, set the gyro up in the ESC first. It's pretty easy (should be a manual to help out, adn if you sent in for your Castle Link thing, it's even easier. At least I think you can program that ESC with yoru Tx. You may not be able to, not sure.

Derek

The Castle Link is amazingly easy to use. I love it. I have Castle on all my helicopters and two of my larger planes. I love the simplicity of the Castle Link.

tperk

You will find they are quite easy once you get to playing with them. Just plug them in and go. No adjusting mixtures, no filling the tank, no having to start them and hope they don't load up. Just plug in and go. But as you said, you will learn a lot once you have a go at it.

With that said, set the gyro up in the ESC first. It's pretty easy (should be a manual to help out, adn if you sent in for your Castle Link thing, it's even easier. At least I think you can program that ESC with yoru Tx. You may not be able to, not sure.
Thanks for the help. Tony,

Top Bottom