600 Align 550E DFC build....twitchy tailservo problem

Ebola

Ok so 'im ready for first flight of my 550E DFC . Already spooled it up but i noticed that my tail rotor has got a twitch.... every 4 or 5 times it changes direction the 6th time it twitches very hard...its like it is binding on something but its not.
When i detach it from the push rod i can even move the tailblades by blowing on them so there is no binding there.
And the push rod moves freely too . So it can only be the servo or the AR7200BX that makes it twitch... anyway i'm pretty sure it is not a good thing to put up in the air this way.... :nono:
any one have any ideas ? could the frequency setup of the servo in the AR7200BX be the problem ? i have the DS655 digital tail servo set at : 1520pulsrate (blue solid ) and at 333HZ (blue flashing)

should i try a new tailservo?

Any ideas are welcome...
Thank You .
Will post a video of the twitch so you can see for your self.

Tony

Staff member
My first thought was "it's the 3GX" lmao. But you are not running it.

You have the right settings for that tail servo and it's the exact settings that I'm running.

What Tx are you running? Are you running a satellite Rx?

Ebola

there is a satellite connected to the AR7200BX my transmitter is a spektrum DX9
(nothing to do with it but my swash plate setting in the Tx is set to normal instead of 120° all the rest is standard heli settings)

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that all seems correct. I would try a different tail servo if you have one. There have been some reports of the 655 having some issues like this. I don't have any issue with mine, but some people have.

Ebola

Here is a very short video where you can see it twitch twice.... just for reference....

[video=youtube_share;JZ9VTZjx-7g]http://youtu.be/JZ9VTZjx-7g[/video]

Lillyryan

Do you have the travel set correctly so there is no binding on the travel of the tail slider. Hard to see the vid properly as I'm on my phone.

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

Ebola

Nope no binding anywhere i did my first flight yesterday and used my gopro u can see it better in flight (around 2.35 ) where the tail goes left and right .
gyro gain is set at 65 on my dx9 for the moment.... maybe turning it down a bit would help...

[video=youtube_share;fzhUDkJmXYo]http://youtu.be/fzhUDkJmXYo[/video]

Ebola

So i went to my local RC shop where i bought my Align 550 (i'm lucky because aerobertics is just 5 miles from where i live) and showed them the twich...
after checking if it wasnt my fault they gave me a SAVOX servo to try .
And yep put the SAVOX in there and no more twitch...... problem solved.... now waiting for good weather and some free time to put the bird to the air.. :wink:

2015-02-25 22.50.50.jpg

2015-02-25 22.50.50.jpg

Top Bottom