500 Align 550 main shaft

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey guys, I had a mis-hap with my 550. Not too bad but I ordered a main shaft that come 177mm long and mine is 163mm long. Anyone ever run into this? I don't mind making my links a bit longer if I have too
Tony

Correct me if i'm wrong, but could that be the difference between a flybarred and flybarless mainshaft?
Just a thought, i'm sure one of the other guys here will be able to confirm

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yes there are differant lenth shafts depending on witch set up you have. If you need a shorter shaft then your heli won't preform up to specks with a longer shaft. Long shaft is useally a fly bared head. Medium is a 3G FBL head and short shaft. Is a dfc head.

Westy

LEGEND
FLybared head is about 100mm higher than the DFC .... I will shoot out and see what my shaft length is in the kit that did not support the 600ESP...

YEP ... mine is 163! :)

hang fire I will give you teh part number ... you must have got the ESP one .... I will look up my original DFC upgrade post.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
sorry dude got way layed.... correct part is as above ..... H60243

here is the vid discussing this length issue....

Last edited by a moderator:

Karubah

Had exactly the same problem. I didn't want to waste the longer shafts so I drilled a new hole for the head the same distance from shaft centre as the FBL shaft. Did this by putting a long bolt through both shafts where the the gears bolt on and put both shafts in the vice and used the the old shaft as a template. Drilled the hole and then cut the excess shaft off the the top. A bit of fine tuning on the linnisher to get the head to sit in exactly the right position for the holes to line up. It worked a treat. As these shafts come in pairs I will do the other one as well. Took about 10 mins to do the job. I hope this might save you a few $. Cheers Andy

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I was thinking of that Karubah. What bugs me is I called and asked about that before I ordered it and was told that these are the ones I want. I told him that mine was 163mm and the one I was looking at was 177mm. These guys don't know.

Top Bottom