500 Align 550 E & Spectrum DX6i radio & AR6210 receiver

Bruno

Is the Align 550 E compatible with a Spectrum DX6i radio and Spectrum AR6210 receiver?
I am interested with the heli but i have the Spektrum DX6i. I have read some Info indicating the DX6i being used with the Align Trex 550E and the 3GX Gyro.
Any thoughts??
Thanks.

Slobberdog

Re: Align 550 E & Spectrum DX6i radio & AR6210 receiver

I use the dx6i with 6210 rx on my 450 pro dfc with the 3Gx unit

- - - Updated - - -

But you would not be able to use the governor in the 3Gx

Bruno

Re: Align 550 E & Spectrum DX6i radio & AR6210 receiver

I use the dx6i with 6210 rx on my 450 pro dfc with the 3Gx unit

- - - Updated - - -

But you would not be able to use the governor in the 3Gx

I have same set up with my 450. Curious as to why the advertisement referenced a7 channel system.
Align T Rex 550E DFC 3GX Combo RH55E01XW Helicopter Kit Motor ESC 4 Servos | eBay

Curious as well that the 7 channel system is recommended for the 450/3GX system in order to use just two satellites without a receiver yet the 550 recommends a 7 channel receiver along with the 3GX?

Last edited:

Slobberdog

As I said you need the 7th channel to control the governor mode, you can use the governor in the esc if you want,

If you have the 7 channels you use the satellites set up and no receiver so you get full function

Bruno

As I said you need the 7th channel to control the governor mode, you can use the governor in the esc if you want,

If you have the 7 channels you use the satellites set up and no receiver so you get full function

Sorry...but...what is the governor mode??

Slobberdog

governor mode is where you moderate the poweer to the motor to give you a determined head speed.

for instance you govern to 60% of the full throttle to give you 2200 rpm head speed, only needed on the bigger birds where they are designed for slightly lower head speeds.

kfrog

I went and talked to the guys flying at the collective rc club. Advice they gave me was to start with the heli I would like to end up with instead of going in steps. One of the members had an align 550e dsc with futaba radio. That was the size I am thinking abot getting. Any opinons or suggestions would be appreciated. I can take criticism.

DAL2855

Banned
If you've never flown a collective pitch heli, I wouldn't recommend going with a 550 as your first heli! I'd go with a 450 or something similar.

heli-maniac

A 550 is more stable than a 450 any day lots of people say a 450 do to crash cost are lower but when it comes down to it the 550 will be a much better heli to learn with

murankar

Staff member
I agree with Jesse on this. Go as big as you can afford. The 500/550 class is a perfect start if you can afford the parts.

I would suggest you get extra parts at the beginning before you fly. This will ensure that you get back up right after a crash.

Good luck.

Slobberdog

I agree with Jesse on this. Go as big as you can afford. The 500/550 class is a perfect start if you can afford the parts.

I would suggest you get extra parts at the beginning before you fly. This will ensure that you get back up right after a crash.

Good luck.

These guys have it nailed, the 450 is a great heli but can be twitchy as hell, the larger heli's have alot more stability due to the mass of the rotor disc as compared to the smaller 450 class,

If I had the extra cash when I bought all my kit I would have gone for the 500 class. And what the guys at the club said about going for the one you want to end up with, dude you will always want something bigger or better.........

But guys this is off the thread topic so you / we need to take this somewhere else, we don't want to thread jack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom