500 Align 500 Pro Servos

Heli24

Hello guys, I need some help! Im lookinf for a good fast digital set of servos for my 500 im building. I really dont want to put 200 bucks in a 150 dollar heli. I have done and put some upgrade parts on it, but if i could find a reasonable priced set of cyclic and a tail servo? All help appreciated. Been out of helis awhile now, im a disabled Vet and really dont have unlimited funds for this build.
Thanks Tom, USAF 1973-1979.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello Tom, how about the DS530/DS535? You can get a set under 200 with a coupon at Amain. Or maybe shop the classifieds for a good used set...

Matt

I'm a big fan of the KST servos.. but.. I believe the ALZRC servos are good too..

Tony would know what's cheap and good, but I think the cheapest (good) servos are the ALZRC ones..

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Tom. First I like to say thanks for your service in the arm forces. I'm also a fan of KST servos. I have them on my 3 helis for at least 3yrs+ and very happy with them :).

murankar

Staff member
RJX, kst , BK servos are all the same servos just branded for the company. With that said the only thing different between the BKs and KST is the part Burt got involved with. Which I think was gearing and dead band.

If your not a pro level pilot more than likely you won't know the difference. Just go with KST servos and call it good. Don't try and pinch Abraham to tight. He might cry on you, lol.

Oh and as Tony stated your servos are going to be close to $200 regardless. Your buying 3 mini servos and a full size for the tail. Unless you can get away with a mini on the tail.

Tony

Staff member
I always thought 500's were mini on the tail. Unlike 450's with micro cyclic and mini tail, and then 550's and up which are all standard servos. But, it has been years since I have seen one so I definitely could be wrong.

murankar

Staff member
What ever size the bk 3001 is that's the cyclic for a 360 with a mini for the tail. I believe a 500 uses minis for cyclic but not sure about the tail. 550 and up basically use all full size servos.

Top Bottom