500 align 500 dfc and dx9

holtneil

Hi all , i have been watching Tony`s how to do 3GX videos , love them makes it look so easy well i am doing the 3GX this saturday , the question i have
is an special set up needed in the DX9 , or is it the same as the DX8 ?
If you read this Tony can you give me some tips on DX9 set up please , i am setting the 500 for beginner i have been flying for a year but would not class myself as a good pilot
kind regards neil in uk

Admiral

Hi Neil, the DX8 & 9 setups are the same, the only tip I can offer you is upgrade the 3GX software to version 5 before you set it up. I have a Flasher 500 with 3GX and DX9 fly's great since I went to version 5, I had incurable tail wag prior to the upgrade.

holtneil

Hi mate thanks for the info ,mine only went to firmware 4 when i did update i will try and look at aligns site

holtneil

Hi Derek , i found that now thanks , on the transmitter swash set up i use the 3 servo 90 deg ,and let the 3gx do the work i dont have a one servo 90 deg all i have is 3 servos 90 degs ,3 servos 120 deg,3 servos 140 deg then it goes into 4 servo set up .
Tony can you do a video and dx9 settings please as you make it easy to understand and the dx9 can do so much that goes over my head lol

holtneil

Hi can you tell me what setting to use for esc , and on the dx9 i have a 3 way switch for gyro what setting would be good , HH mode is green light what colour is rate

Slobberdog

First the gyro switch, it should be set up if your using a sat receiver only for ch aux2 and sw gyro the values will depend on what you have the tail servo set at norm or rev, but the values go from -100 to 0 and 0 to +100

So when you set it up set pos 0 for 40, pos 2 for -40 and look to see which value gives you a green status light as in Tony's videos, use the value that gives you the green status light as your starting points and increase until you get some wag then back it down 5%,

I have mine set at 45 40 and -40 in my radio so I can have a little less gain on one setting for my idle up modes,

Green for HH
Red for rate mode,

Use all the default settings in the esc, I have not changed anything in mine for my 500, I do have a recent build thread in the 500 section take a look, Tony's videos on 3gx set up are excellent and if you want more details of things in the dx9 then there is a few people on here with them and lots with the dx8 that can help as they are similar,

Just ask away,

holtneil

Hi Slobberdog i am all ready for test flight , if i power up dx9 then put on hold so its safe the 3gx will not finish its start up till i turn hold off , is this normal ?
Hold is to make it safe so it cant spin up

holtneil

UPDATE guys ,ok i dont know why but its now working 100% right as for fail safe and throttle hold , strange why it did what it did , am very happy its working , i hope tomorrow to give it a maiden flight on Tony`s set up :biggrin1:,
I know i need a bigger mah battery but i dont fly hard just scale really so what sort of flight time from a 6 cell 3000 mah , is there a way to find out a approx time after i land i can check cells
Kind regards neil in uk

murankar

Staff member
Either use a multi meter or a cell checker. Start at 3 minutes land and check your voltage. If your per cell voltage is over 3.8 then fly more if its less then fly less.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

holtneil

Hi I found my old battery alarm if i set it to 3.8v per cell and fly till it goes off it should work out right then

holtneil

Wow that good i am used to under 4 mins , i was just setting up warnings on my dx9 when i must had set up wrong i could not turn on transmitter due to a switch that i could not put in the right position,OMG stuck before i started ?
WEll i sorted it to to regain access to the dx9 hold buttons CLEAR and BACK while held down power up then your get a screen that says raw data then the main screen , so lesson learnt be very careful when doing settings lol

Also with the 3gx on v5 did you get rudder delay to zero as i did but when you move mouse of it to the next item it jumps back to 30 ,Now Tony was saying green light for big helis so is this the lowest it will go on a 500+( is a green light on set up )

Slobberdog

To get rudder delay to zero go into delay and adjust to zero then leave unit come out of the whole rudder set up on its timer, do not touch anything and don't go to next set up step, that is how the 3gx remembers the new setting,

Green light is large heli 500+
Red light for small heli 450 below

Top Bottom