500 Align 500 blades

Slobberdog

Does anyone know the difference between the Align blades for the 500 part numbers HD420F and HD420G apart from the obvious one set is blue and one set is black.......

murankar

Staff member
If I were a betting man I would bet that the only difference is the color. I did not do an extensive search but from what I found I would say that its just a color thing.

Ken Jackson

The G (Black) is the better blade. You'll notice generally the F (Blue) is cheaper. I prefer the G blades.

I also found the non 3G blades on a flybarless gives it a softer feel. Was cheap so I used up my non flybarless blades on my DFC while learning. The 3G are faster in response time.

Ken

Tony

Staff member
3G blades have the CoG farther away from the root than the standard blades. This helps compensate for the lack of a flybar and it's weights.

Ken Jackson

The G (Black) is the better blade. You'll notice generally the F (Blue) is cheaper. I prefer the G blades.

I also found the non 3G blades on a flybarless gives it a softer feel. Was cheap so I used up my non flybarless blades on my DFC while learning. The 3G are faster in response time.

Ken

425D is what I meant was the better blade. The G was the flybarless. I confused myself.

Top Bottom