500 Align 470L set-up with Beast-x

wilsparky

Hello, Hello and Hello, Please help me with a problem I'm having with the Align 470l (beast-x) tail not centering automatically at center stick. I've tried adjusting the gyros with no progress and there isn't any instructions in the manual ??

Tony

Staff member
When you are in Heading Hold mode, the tail blades will not automatically center. The gyro has been given an input or has moved from it's original heading so it is going to keep pitch on the blades until it gets to that heading. One easy fix is to put a setting in your Tx with Rate mode and just flip the switch from HH, to Rate, then back to HH mode when you are ready to fly. This will center the blades so it doesn't spin as much on takeoff. HOpe this helps.

wilsparky

Hello, Hello and Hello, Please help me with a problem I'm having with the Align 470l (beast-x) tail not centering automatically at center stick. I've tried adjusting the gyros with no progress and there isn't any instructions in the manual ??

Thanks Tony, I'm totally confused because I have a spectrum dx7 gen2 and nowhere that I can find is there mentioned "heading hold or rate mode". I have been attempting to fly these contraptions for a couple of years and obviously am in desperate help understanding the features of this here xmitter. Will you give me some tips?? Wilsparky

Tony

Staff member
That is what we are here for!

Below is a video I recently made about Rate mode vs Heading Hold. It will explain what each of them are.

You only want to fly in Heading Hold which is any number, in the gyro menu, above 0. I suggest starting out with about a 45 on that Tx.

Make sure your channel is set to 5 or Gear in the gyro menu in your Tx. Channel 5 and Gear are the exact same thing and Gear refers to airplanes Hence it's name.

Once you have a switch assigned that you like (it's up to you what switch you use), then set a position to +45 for Heading Hold. Then, set another position with something like -35 for Rate mode so that you can center your blades before takeoff. All you have to do is flip the switch down, then back up and you are good to go.

Here is the Rate and HH mode video.

Rate Mode vs Heading Hold Mode Explained - YouTube

wilsparky

Hi Tony, I took the Heli out this morning and had issues with just before takeoff the Heli spinned counterclockwise. I tried many times with the heading hold and rate mode takeoff with the same results. I noticed when in rate mode the tail blades seemed O-pitch but maybe a very slight difference in the pitch (but very slight). I adjusted the gyro both up and down with no success. What do you believe where I should concentrate my investigation?

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like the tail gyro is reversed. Go in to setup menu F and reverse the direction. The other thing you can do is to check your blades against this video that Lee shot.

Last edited:

wilsparky

Hi Tony, You're the man. I discovered 2 things wrong with your help and the 450L flew great this morning! #1 issue was the rudder reversed and the #2 issue was that I built the Heli with the tail rotor spinning the wrong direction because of the direction I turned the belt. Thanks for the tips!!

Tony

Staff member
I'm glad that I could help and that the bird is in the air! Now, all we need is some video :biggrin1:

Top Bottom