General Align 450DFC Main Rotor Head Upgrade

ramosja

Hello, I have a 450 sport v2 and bought the Align 450DFC Main Rotor Head Upgrade . While building the head I noticed that link rods sizes specified on the manual where too long after I installed them on the heli. All servos centered the blades came up at about 12 degrees pitch. For example rudder size is 37mm, pitch 43mm and elevator 31mm.

Not sure if the manual has them wrong, does anyone had experience with this upgrade?

Thanks,

Javier

ramosja

Hello, I have a 450 sport v2 and bought the Align 450DFC Main Rotor Head Upgrade . While building the head I noticed that link rods sizes specified on the manual where too long after I installed them on the heli. All servos centered the blades came up at about 12 degrees pitch. For example rudder size is 37mm, pitch 43mm and elevator 31mm.

Not sure if the manual has them wrong, does anyone had experience with this upgrade?

Thanks,

Javier

20130217_075452.jpg

Tony

Staff member
The DFC head should have come with it's own links. And because of the shorter main shaft, you will have to make the links shorter as well. Is there any way you can post a picture or video of your issues? I may be missing something. but, if you download the 450 Pro DFC manual, it should have the correct lengths in it for the DFC head.

ramosja

Hello, Tony thanks for the reply. Yes the upgrade came with the manual and that where I got the measurements. However it did not came with any rods, just uploaded a picture.

Javier

- - - Updated - - -

see attached manual20130217_080234.jpg

20130217_080234.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I did merge your other thread into this one. Also, I"m going to be moving this into the heli section since we don't allow questions in the lounge.

Okay, I see the issue (a picture is worth a thousand words lol). YOu need to substantially shorten your swash links. You may ahve to order new ones in all honesty.

ramosja

I did merge your other thread into this one. Also, I"m going to be moving this into the heli section since we don't allow questions in the lounge.

Okay, I see the issue (a picture is worth a thousand words lol). YOu need to substantially shorten your swash links. You may ahve to order new ones in all honesty.

thanks again, I had already made new rods, but then its certain the there is an error on the manual.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I don't know what is going on there. How did you measure them? Exactly as in the manual?

Westy

LEGEND
hmmm ... my 600 DFC kit did not need new links. worked perfect out of the box .... new swash, new shaft and DFC arms and head and DFC blade grips. just clipped off and clipped on.... Come to think of it ... I did have to lower the swash by 2 turns to get it to work but nothing major

Top Bottom