450 Align 450 SE V.2 swash plate leveling???

amastron

I thought Tony had a video on leveling the swash but I must have been mistaken. Can anyone school me on the proper way to go about this on a Align 450 SE V.2?
At low throttle its level, Mid its level, Full throttle I have a tiny gap on the aileron and the top of my swash tool is half way across the hole for the jesus bolt.

Also, on my Elevator servo horn I have the ball on the outside of the horn. Should it be on the inside of the horn, between the horn and servo? I ask because looking from the back it is not vertical, kinda leans to the left at the bottom. Any help is help, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Tony had a video on leveling the swash but I must have been mistaken. Can anyone school me on the proper way to go about this on a Align 450 SE V.2?
At low throttle its level, Mid its level, Full throttle I have a tiny gap on the aileron and the top of my swash tool is half way across the hole for the jesus bolt.

Also, on my Elevator servo horn I have the ball on the outside of the horn. Should it be on the inside of the horn, between the horn and servo? I ask because looking from the back it is not vertical, kinda leans to the left at the bottom. Any help is help, thanks!

I should have mentioned that my elevator servo is mounted on the left side, from the inside out and the ball IS mounted between the horn and servo.

Tony

Staff member
The thing here is you need to make sure your balls on teh servo arms are the same length from the center of the servo screw on all 3 servos.

Ideally you want the exact same servo arms on all of the servos. But since this is not a flybarless helicopter, you can use the travel menu to adjust out that gap. However, if you go flybarless, then unless the program tells you to (like with the ikon), you don't want to mess with the adjust menu.

amastron

All three horns are the same and are in the same holes, the one you see in the first photo, aileron has been cut short to keep out of the gear. All the horns came with the servos though.Neg. Pitch.jpg This picture is of the servos in Neg. pitch. With it uncut it came very close to getting into the gear.

Neg. Pitch.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I should have known that lmao. Mine does the same thing. Cool deal then. I would set your head up if you have not already done so, and as stated, use the travel adjust to take up that gap and you will be golden.

amastron

Worked out great, excellent in fact! Swash is level at all three points now, low, mid and full throttle. Took me a while to figure out those travel limits, noticed there is a up and down arrow in the adjustment. Now on to setting up the pitch. Thanks for the help Tony, your a big help on here! Hope this may help someone else out as well.

Top Bottom