Batteries Align 450 pro 3gx battery ???

Dizzle000

Hey everyone I'm pretty green to the heli hobby just truckin along trying to gain as much knowledge as possible about this hobby. I recently purchased a 450 pro 3gx and I need to get a battery it's a super combo kit so no aftermarket motor etc .the guy at the hobby store gave me this 3s 11.1v 3200 mah 30 c battery will this work fine? Seems pretty long and skinny not like most batteries I see, Or should I be looking at a different one? I have a cople 2200 mah 20c for my art tech falcon will those work or will the 450 pro draw to much and cause them to puff? Any help I can get for this predicament is greatly appreciated thanks.
Kyle

Dizzle000

Ok sweet thanks. I wanted to make sure I have this right I watched the rc help vid on understanding lipos.
Do you choose a battery depending on the motor amps or the esc amps? Lets say u choose a battery based on the motor amps my align 450 motor says it is a max continuous current of 46 A and a max instant current of 65a for 5 seconds.( that's what I saw in the Manuel) u could technically run say a 35 or 40c 2200 mah because the max amps is higher than the max continuous current of the motor, but you wouldn't want to run say a 20c 2200 mah battery,because the max discard is 44 amps and that would cause strain on your battery? Thanks dal2855 for helpin out.

xokia

3200 mAh seem to big for a 450 are you sure its not a 2200?

If you are new to the hobby a 30C will work just fine. I can get 45Cs pretty hot in my 450. I'll be switching to 65C once I buy new batteries for the 450.

xokia

Yup the battery they have me is a 3s 3200 mah 30c will it do any harm if I run this big of a battery?
No it wont hurt it you will just screw with the center of gravity and the power to weight ratio wont be ideal.
But your a newb so I wouldn't worry about that stuff anyway. If your just hovering you will be just fine. I just wouldn't purchase a bunch of these batteries. The ideal battery for a 450 is about a 2200mAh.

DAL2855

Banned
you would only get about 2 minutes of flight time with only a 2200mah battery, or that's all I would get anyways.

DAL2855

Banned
I'm running 2650mah Sky Lipos 25C and I only get 3:30 minutes out of those on my setup, and the motor and battery are pretty hot when I land. And all I am capable of doing is hovering. I can't do anything besides hovering or the bird is in the dirt!

xokia

Motor and ESC being hot sounds like the ESC isn't setup right. With a 25C battery you will bog the motor pretty badly but with just hovering it should be just fine and I would expect 7-8min flight time easy.

You probably have that ESC setup for airplane and the timing is probably wrong. Is that an Align ESC?

Last edited:

xokia

Yes it's an Align ESC. And it was setup by Jesse. So I know it's setup correctly.
you could have accidentally changed the settings. When you power it on you should hear a series of beeps like morse code. What are the beeps?

DAL2855

Banned
How can I change any of the settings when I don't have a programming card for it?

- - - Updated - - -

Beep
Beep, Beep
Beep, Beep
Beep Beep
Beep

Those are the tones I hear when it initializes

heli-maniac

Well it was set up right when I had it and on a 2650 25c sky lipo it would fly easy 4.5 minutes and would not get the motor or the esc hot
if the motor got moved and the gear mesh is to tight it could cause that

Karubah

You should be getting at least 5 mins out of a 2200 mah battery. I have a couple of cheap storm 2200 mah batteries on my 450 and get at least 5 to 7 mins, no 3D stuff ( can,t do that ) . If your Esc and motor are getting hot it sounds like there are issues that need to be looked into. I would check that all your connections well soldered and fit snugly together, bearings not too tight or feel gritty as a starting point. You most likely have checked all this but just in case you haven,t I thought I might mention it. Cheers

DAL2855

Banned
Well, the only connection on it that has been changed since I got it were the battery connections. As I do not solder. I use automotive crimp connections. That's the problem I am running into with the 550 I just built. I have no way to get the motor connected to the ESC like it should be.

Top Bottom