Wanted: Align 450 Dominator Parts

Tony

Staff member
Hey guys, I need a LOT of parts for the Align 450 Dominator. The parts list is below and if you have anything, let me know! I would love to get this bird in the air rather than buying a new helicopter.

Parts List
  • 360mm Main Blades
  • Tail Blades
  • Battery Tray
  • ESC Tray
  • DFC Links
  • DFC Swashplate
  • Tail Linkage (Short, to the grips)
  • Tail Control Rod
  • Tail Supports
  • Canopy Mounts
  • Full Screw Kit
  • Cyclic Servos
  • Tail Servo
  • Tail Servo Mount
  • Gyro Mounting Bracket
  • Servo To Swash Links
  • Vertical Fin
  • Horizontal Fin
  • Motor (6s or 3s)
  • ESC For Above Motor

I think that is it but I'm sure I'm missing something. If you have any of this, let me know.

leedude1

Will do sir, I'm gonna get to all the boxes and the parts next week for sure and Ill let you know what I got.

Im going to be rifling through all my stuff because Im looking to sell off some of my birds and the stuff that Im not using any more.. some one can use them for sure.. my brother in laws have already claimed my MSRXs I had one blinged out and one I purchased to bastardize for parts but haven't needed to touch it yet.

Im probabaly going to sell off my 130 X this thing just needs new bearings and some TLC ,( the lake incident ) but everything else is fine and I probably have enough spare parts to build 2 more) she still flies fines but the bearings have to go as they look pitted I had oiled the Sh** out f them when I got it back but damage already done so to speak..so a little shaky but Im not gonna play with it at this stage im all over the 180.

Tony

Staff member
Damn, speaking of a 130x, I need to get mine in the air! I may just do that tomorrow.

And all of the parts that you have for this bird would be appreciated. I would love to get it in the air since it's just sitting in a box right now. Looks all sad in there lol. I have a motor and ESC for it, just need servos and the spare parts. For right now, I'm going to run it on 3s, even though this bird really needs 6s.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Mike, any update on these parts? this bird is bugging me to be put together and flown lol. Let me know.

leedude1

Ill dig out the box now and let you know what I got for ya sir. ill check back in a few.

- - - Updated - - -

So my man,

Got a set of blades, tail servo mount, and the 3gx that I swapped out and a canopy.

Tony

Staff member
Hit me up in a PM and let me know what you want for them. And see if you can dig any more out lol. I need a LOT lmao.

Tony

Staff member
So here is an image of my cart with Amain Hobbies. This is not all of the parts that I need, but is a lot of them.

amain1-vert.jpg

amain1-vert.jpg

Tony

Staff member
And here is the list from ebay. As you can see, most parts are Align, but some are clone. The clone parts are parts that I could care less if they are clone. Such as the tail support rod and the tail linkage rod. One thing you will notice is that I have a tail linkage rod in each. The one on Amain is metal whereas the one on ebay is carbon. I will make that decision later on for which one I will use.

ebay1-vert.jpg

ebay1-vert.jpg

Tony

Staff member
So if you were to add all of that up, I'm looking at $180.71 for all of those parts. So here is the kicker, for one I do not have that much money, no way in hell. And two, well, I will let the image below explain it...

As you can see here, I can get the full kit for 174.98 shipped to my door. This includes everything I need. But again, I don't have anywhere near that kind of money. Guess I should just forget this project for now. I was thinking I could do it a little cheaper but guess I was wrong. Oh well.
ebayfullkit.png

ebayfullkit.png

trainrider06

Well that's how the hobby is, you know. My Goblin dreams keep getting interrupted by my slush funds being depleted every time I start getting close. But thankfully my friend is in no hurry to sell. So I keep plugging along waiting for the money drain to close up....

Tony

Staff member
You are exactly right about that. I'm not that down about not being able to do something with this helicopter immediately. It was given to me by URI and it was made quite clear that it would need a lot of parts to get going. So there is absolutely no loss in this decision. Instead, I will just use this helicopter as parts, or part it out to help fund the new Dominator.

As for the money that I had set aside for it, I did purchase something else with it, but you will just have to wait to see what I got. I'm quite excited about it lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Next weekend I will have it, but it may be 3 weeks before the video goes live or more. I'm trying to do a video a week, and I'm uploading them as I shoot them and then setting them on a schedule to go live.

Top Bottom