450 Align 450 DFC head?

amastron

Wondering if anyone knows if you can use the stock Align swash plate with a DFC head? Or do you have to buy a swash just for the DFC head?
I ask because I have seen both on ebay, some look just like the stock swash with two of the balls removed. I do know you need to buy a different main shaft, Align #H45H0011XXW at least I do for my 450 SE v.2. I'm just not sure about the swash!

Thanks!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Wondering if anyone knows if you can use the stock Align swash plate with a DFC head? Or do you have to buy a swash just for the DFC head?
I ask because I have seen both on ebay, some look just like the stock swash with two of the balls removed. I do know you need to buy a different main shaft, Align #H45H0011XXW at least I do for my 450 SE v.2. I'm just not sure about the swash!

Thanks!

Hey amastron, if you like to use a swashplate that has dual position DFC that Tarot makes. I use this swashplate with a stabilizer holder for my 450 and seems to work fine for me. You can get this swashplate from, Taro RC heli.com. check it out!

murankar

Staff member
with align you have to use a DFC swash. I dont know much about the tarot DFC head and swash, although Tarot is a direct replacement for align 99% of the time.

Admiral

Hi Amastron, you can use either, I actually prefer the standard ones to the DCF swash plates that have the two ball links, there is also some discussion that design causes problems with the blade grip arms.

Slobberdog

you can use both, but for safety of the balls not popping off I would recommend the dfc swash as the ball position is a method of holding them on as they are constantly pushing into the ball link.

Plus the geometry is spot on with a dfc swash

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
you can use both, but for safety of the balls not popping off I would recommend the dfc swash as the ball position is a method of holding them on as they are constantly pushing into the ball link.

Plus the geometry is spot on with a dfc swash
Hey there slobberdog, that is one reason i use the dual ball link swashplate. I don't remember who but someone was having problems with the blade grip linkage popping off the ball link on their heli. The extra balls takes a little stress of the blade grip. It's just a safety thing for me with the stabilizer holder.

Bruno

I have used the stock swash with the dfc links for many hours without a problem. Just make sure to keep an eye on your feathering shaft tolerance. Replace the feathering shaft bushings or bearings whichever may be responsible for any excessive play.

Also important to frequently examine the dfc links for any damage.

Last edited:

amastron

Thanks for all this information fellows, I knew someone would know. I've done more investigations on this DFC thing and found you do use your old Swash, Feathering Shaft and Thrust Bearings provided there good. This is my first DFC conversion so I think I will replace the stock swash with the DFC swash. My guess is my next questions will come after I get this all installed and start on the software part of the installation, many questions there I'm sure. Thanks again for all the help so far!

Top Bottom