450 Align 450 Bonanza! Xmas come early?

Blade 400

Well, having ventured in to the 450 world with my Tarot, I thought it wise to purchase some spares, especially as they are becoming harder to find and therefore more expensive! Having been advised that Align 450 parts should fit (thanks all) I saw this job lot on e-bay and they have just landed (excuse the pun)

I new at £40 plus £8.99 postage they were a bargain, but Christmas has come early!!!

Most parts are new and I think there are easily enough spares to build an Align 450 :bellyroll:

Even the charger works :biggrin1:

Geena

Staff member
It never hurts to have repair parts on hand. I had enough parts to build several new helicopters, when I was with Gaui.

Blade 400

It never hurts to have repair parts on hand. I had enough parts to build several new helicopters, when I was with Gaui.
Thanks, I still can`t believe that deal! Will be great to have a second charger to halve charging times and so many spares for the Tarot and some parts fit the Blade 400 too :thumbsup:
I plan to get the Tarot back in the air asap, I got some good setup advice from the helifreak.com website that I will try together with your advice :) The micro beast x clone FBL unit that`s on her (TGZ380N) is said to be suspect! I may be looking for a better quality unit or a Kbar?

Geena

Staff member
Thanks, I still can`t believe that deal! Will be great to have a second charger to halve charging times and so many spares for the Tarot and some parts fit the Blade 400 too :thumbsup:
I plan to get the Tarot back in the air asap, I got some good setup advice from the helifreak.com website that I will try together with your advice :) The micro beast x clone FBL unit that`s on her (TGZ380N) is said to be suspect! I may be looking for a better quality unit or a Kbar?
You said you fly with a spektrum transmitter, right? If so, why not just spring for an AR7200BX. Or even an actual BeastX unit? If you have a Spektrum transmitter, the AR7200BX will bind right to it, with no need for an external receiver.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I agree with Geena. I kept it simple and purchased (2) AR7200BX. One for my Tarot 450 and the other on my X3L. (1) AR7300BX for my PowerXL550 and a Beast X from Tony which I'm putting on my 450 scale heli. I had them over 5 yrs and no problem yet. :damnit: I jinxed my self :duh:

Blade 400

You said you fly with a spektrum transmitter, right? If so, why not just spring for an AR7200BX. Or even an actual BeastX unit? If you have a Spektrum transmitter, the AR7200BX will bind right to it, with no need for an external receiver.
You`re the best Geena!!! I will go down this route if / when my Beast clone FBL unit proves to be as unreliable as the guys on helifreak.com say it is BUT .............................. for now ......................... I`M BACK :triumphant:

I followed advice from your previous posts and some pointers on You Tube (Ron Lund)
and I then thought analytically about everything I did prior to the unit not working?
I had naturally assumed that as the unit came with another type of receiver, I had to change the receiver setting on the unit to my Spektrum receiver, right??? WRONG! I just had a hunch :thinkerg: and changed the receiver type in the unit to `standard` receiver, re-booted and everything was BACK :chickendance: I am so happy! I then sorted out the tail as you described (took off the link and turned 5 times, shortening the push rod) which when I re-booted looks good (no pitch)

Off for a test flight later, I`ll keep the TX settings as its windy today so I want a lot of throw to recover from any sudden gust, but I`ll try your suggested tamer settings on a calmer day :thankyou:

Geena

Staff member
I`m happy you got it sorted. Ron was a master with the BeastX, and his videos are some of the best out there. Happy flying, and keep us updated on your progress. :)

Top Bottom