450 Align 3GX

renavilaren

Is there a Mac version of the Align 3GX? I can't use the disc that came with it since it says it is only for Windows users. Thanks.

RandyDSok

First a correction to what you said/asked... The Align 3GX is neither Mac nor Windows .... it is it's own firmware ( a type of software embedded in flashable hardware ). The software that you mentioned is made to run on Windows so you can program the firmware in the 3GX.

As far as I know of and since the only software listed on Align's website is Windows compatible only. You may be able to purchase and use something like Parallels along with a copy of Windows and then install those to your Mac like many other Mac users do in order that they can run Windows software, but I'm uncertain if the Align software will work proper or not so do your research before buying to see if that is an option for you.

renavilaren

Hi Randy,
Thank you for the advice. I guess I will have to use my son's laptop for this. Using the Mac might be a bit too complicated. Keep safe!
Rene

RandyDSok

I don't know about it being all that complicated... just a lot more steps involved since you'd have to install Parallels ( or similar ) and then Windows.

There is a reason that about 86-88% of people run Windows and that's the available software. Apple makes it very difficult to get onto their platform making the dev's jump through hoops, pay a lot to get qualified/certified etc before allowing their program to be installed on a Mac. That is why so many Mac users also install Windows on their systems. I won't even go into the repair issues you get with a Mac if there is a problem.... Of course, if MS continues to go in the direction they appear to be with Win11, I suspect you will see a lot of people finally start migrating to some Linux distro, but Linux has even fewer quality programs than Apple, so that isn't the answer yet either.

Top Bottom