align 3gx

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean. There are two lights on top of the 3GX. One is a status light, and one is a Gov light. On the status light, green means heading hold mode for the gyro, and red means rate mode for the gyro. On the Gov light, red means the gov is off, green means the gov is on. If you are using a 6ch Tx, then your gov light will always be red. Hope this helps.

trex trav

I'm not sure what you mean. There are two lights on top of the 3GX. One is a status light, and one is a Gov light. On the status light, green means heading hold mode for the gyro, and red means rate mode for the gyro. On the Gov light, red means the gov is off, green means the gov is on. If you are using a 6ch Tx, then your gov light will always be red. Hope this helps.

I just bought a trex 600e dfc pro and a jr xg11 radio im trying to set up gov function and I cant seem to figure out how to set my radio to make that function work and on the gov led if u look close at that led there are two little light in that one led a green and a red they are both on for some reason,the status light i can make work by using idle up switch going from position 0 red to position 1 green some people say don't use gov for electric and some say u can I would rather use it if I can because I have them on my nitros,and in my radio for the gyro I have it plugged into the gear channel in device select I made gear rudd switch,thanks for reply

Tony

Staff member
When you did your DIR setup, did you set the throttle gov positions? I guess the first question should be what version you are running. Also, are you running satellites only or a separate Rx? If I remember correctly, the XG11 is a DMSS system, and the 3GX is not compatible with that system with just satellites. But, I need to check with you since I htink you cna get that Tx put back to DSMX.

trex trav

When you did your DIR setup, did you set the throttle gov positions? I guess the first question should be what version you are running. Also, are you running satellites only or a separate Rx? If I remember correctly, the XG11 is a DMSS system, and the 3GX is not compatible with that system with just satellites. But, I need to check with you since I htink you cna get that Tx put back to DSMX.

it is the 4.0 version,and yes I did set the gov position,and u are correct it is dmss radio but I am running a separate receiver with the 3gx

Tony

Staff member
Cool deal on the separate Rx. Okay, this is what I would do. Download the 4.0 software for your computer by "Clicking Here" and install it on your computer. Connect the 3GX to the computer and reinstall the firmware to the 3GX. Then completely go through the DIR and Rudder setup. sometimes, you just need to start over on these things to get them working correctly.

One thing to remember is with running a separate Rx, your gyro is on channel 5 and your gov is on channel 7 (gear and Aux2 respectively). In your gov menu on your Tx, you cna set one position to 0% and the second position to 50% to simulate 50% gain on the gyro, and you should be able to get those to change the color of the gov light.

On your gyro, if you have it set to your fmode switch, you want a green status light in all positions. Only on the gyro switch do you want rate mode. As you know, you should only fly in HH mode. Never in Rate mode.

trex trav

yes on the gyro I know I should be in hh all the time just letting u know that I was able to change the color of the led,and I will try reinstalling the software and I will let u know as soon as I get that done hopefully by tom eve,thanks for the help

Tony

Staff member
If that doesn't work, you may have a bad 3GX. But, I would do all the testing I can before settling on that.

trex trav

hi tony can u tell me what I need to do after the heli is pluged in to the computer and it is linked up,as far as how to reboot the 3gx

trex trav

You will need your Tx on, then plug the helicopter in so that the 3GX is on and initialized, you should have a green light. As for the actually flashing, the video below will explain it better than text. It's for 3.0, but it works the same for all versions.

Rc-Help - 3GX Setup Part 2 How To Flash The Firmware To Version 3.0

I have tried all that and get the same result,but I have rebinded it with the spectrum set up and the gov light goes solid red as I should,i don't know

Top Bottom