FBL Gyro Align 3GX pitch curve

JJL

Good evening,

I have just finished installing and setting up an Align 3GX FBL gyro on a 450 pro FBL, while on dir mode I set everything per the manual (Swash leveled at mid-stick, 11 deg of both positive and negative pitch, 8 deg of cyclic, etc.) .

Now I would like to setup the pitch curve that I use while flying in normal mode, +10 and -3 or -4, and would like someone to please tell me if I set my pitch curve while the 3GX is on Dir mode or while the 3GX is in normal flying mode.

I ask this because while on normal flight mode the swashplate is not leveled since it tries to compensates for any uneven surface where the heli is resting (at least that is my observation and understanding, might be wrong but all I know is that the swash is not totally leveled).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

JJL-

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I'm using the 3GX v4.0 !!!

Slobberdog

Once you have set the heli up in DIR mode with linear pitch curve as you have done, once you have done all you setups and compensations then you can exit DIR mode,

Then you can set your curves for your flight modes, I use 40-45-50-75-100 for normal and linear for IU modes, you don't need the heli plugged in or on to set these curves it's just values in your tx, if you do want a specific amount of pitch then after you have set the curve check it with a pitch gauge, but you don't need to be in DIR mode to do that, as long as the heli is stationary you will be ok.

Derek

Kev's suggested Pitch Curve is a great suggestion and a great starting point. I use 46,48,50,75,100 on my 450 and 500. It's just what I like for myself. You may find that my Pitch Curve will work for you. You may find that Kev's will work for you. In fact, you may find that both of our curves are close to what you are looking for and you may decide to change it up a bit to suit yourself and your flying style.

JJL

Once you have set the heli up in DIR mode with linear pitch curve as you have done, once you have done all you setups and compensations then you can exit DIR mode,

Then you can set your curves for your flight modes, I use 40-45-50-75-100 for normal and linear for IU modes, you don't need the heli plugged in or on to set these curves it's just values in your tx, if you do want a specific amount of pitch then after you have set the curve check it with a pitch gauge, but you don't need to be in DIR mode to do that, as long as the heli is stationary you will be ok.

Kev's suggested Pitch Curve is a great suggestion and a great starting point. I use 46,48,50,75,100 on my 450 and 500. It's just what I like for myself. You may find that my Pitch Curve will work for you. You may find that Kev's will work for you. In fact, you may find that both of our curves are close to what you are looking for and you may decide to change it up a bit to suit yourself and your flying style.

Slobberdog and Derek, thank you both for your quick replies and help !

Just finished setting up the pitch curve using my non dig. pitch gauge and I ended up with -3 and +10ish but I think you guys might be using spektrum radios thus my pitch values are a bit bit different than the pitch values you guys have.

My current values are : -28, =14, 0, 49 and 98. I could have set the pitch at 50 and 100 on the positive side, but then I would have ended up with over 11 deg of positive and for my normal curve I like to keep at 10ish deg. max positive pitch...I do more sports flying than anything else.

All this was done with the gyro under normal operations mode, I did have a heck of a time, because for some strange reason, my digital pitch gauge readings where a totally off the ball park, so I ended up using my non digital gauge and installing a fly bar adapter. Seems my align digital pitch gauge is a bit clonky these days, while at mid it gave me a +1.4 deg reading whereas the non digital gave me a 0 deg reading..in the end decided to use the non digital, kinda trust it more.

I actually have a habit of using my non-digital gauge to reconfirm the values I have gotten from the digital pitch gauge and this time I;m glad I did it.

Again, thank you so much for your help guys.

Kind regards,

JJL-

- - - Updated - - -

The pitch range on my radio is represented in a scale of -100, -50, 0, 50, 100 thus I ended up with -28, -14, 0, 49, 98 !!

Top Bottom