FBL Gyro ALIGN 3GX is junk

heli-maniac

so i took my 3gx out of my new 550 kit that never has been flown to put in my 450
did all the set up when i built the 550 every thing worked just fine it seemed
so i put it in the 450 because im getting a AR7200BX to go on the 550 and im glad i didnt ever fly the 550 with the 3gx junk
why am i calling it junk well got it all put in the 450 flashed it to 3.0 got it all set up went to the garage and did a test hover every thing was looking good but a little tail drift
so i bring it back in adjust the tail a little to make it stay strait go and plug it in and it will not power up now what in holey crap is this
no lights at all dose it even ark the plug when plugging it in so hooked up another esc to see if that might be it nope still dead
i did see that one of the sats went out wile doing the set up now i have nuthing on the brand new 3GX this is crap
so the 450 may have to wait on a new flybarless system or put the 3 g back on it
I Hate Electronics

Graham Lawrie

I had a similar thing happen to me when i was building my 450 pro 3bx v2. I had a massive spark and then nothing. I bought a new esc and when i was waiting for it to come in the post, i thought i had connected it up wrong, so nothing to lose, i tried it again a few days later and it worked. So i have a spare esc in my kit:)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It'd something simply Jesse. With all the people that have that system it's not junk. You have to be missing something! Let it be for now and attack it again tomorrow. I just assembled to head on my 700 what a pain in the neck! Though I have it all done and found a spacer laying on the bench. Had to start all over again! Oh well. I just put it down and waiting till tomorrow to Finnish up!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Amen to that Jesse! Some people love it.. Just means they have good luck with it..

I pulled it off even my 450

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

heli-maniac

yep even tried the sat with my ar8000 and it will not bind it flashes to bind but then just goes off with no steady light
i have unhooked it and redid it all it still not powering up

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
bummer dude .... send it back for warrenty. they should replace the #GX and tell them it has fried 2 sats

Tony

Staff member
I would be willing to check it out if you want to send it up here. But I agree, I would see about getting a new one.

BOKI

breeze400; I was repairing my Trex 450 Se V2 & got it all done & had the sleeve under the swash plate laying on the bench . Didn't take real long to put it back on though but still a pain! Fun Fun ! Dave I don't have a newer helicopter with a 3gx but sounds like it has lot's of issues! Maybe by time I own a bigger helicopter they will have a something better!

Last edited:

Lee

Did you check the voltage coming out of the ESC? Maybe the BEC fried and its putting 12V straight into the 3GX. Just something to check before you plug it into some other unit and fry that too.

Westy

LEGEND
Did you check the voltage coming out of the ESC? Maybe the BEC fried and its putting 12V straight into the 3GX. Just something to check before you plug it into some other unit and fry that too.

Good call ... my thoughts exactly.

heli-maniac

well its not the bec in the esc it work just fine on the 3g before the 3gx and works just fine now back on the 3g
both sat rxs are fried will not give a bind light even being hot bound from my ar8000 rx the 3gx is dead

xokia

well its not the bec in the esc it work just fine on the 3g before the 3gx and works just fine now back on the 3g
both sat rxs are fried will not give a bind light even being hot bound from my ar8000 rx the 3gx is dead

I know this thread is a little old but if you are running just sattelite RX's this is typical of the 3GX. I've mentioned this in a previous thread. The 3GX seems to bail out of the binding procedure pretty quickly. So you have to unplug and plug back in a few times to get it to work. Its frustrating, I would run a normal reciever with these 3GX units just for this reason. Have you tried connecting a normal reciever? You also have to connect a power cord from the RX to the 3GX when you run with a normal reciever.

heli-maniac

I know this thread is a little old but if you are running just sattelite RX's this is typical of the 3GX. I've mentioned this in a previous thread. The 3GX seems to bail out of the binding procedure pretty quickly. So you have to unplug and plug back in a few times to get it to work. Its frustrating, I would run a normal reciever with these 3GX units just for this reason. Have you tried connecting a normal reciever? You also have to connect a power cord from the RX to the 3GX when you run with a normal reciever.
i was one of the first on here with the 3gx i now how to hook one up the sat are fried they will not even bind with the ar 8000 and no lights will light up on the 3gx at all it is dead

xokia

i was one of the first on here with the 3gx i now how to hook one up the sat are fried they will not even bind with the ar 8000 and no lights will light up on the 3gx at all it is dead

Thats sucks. I did learn that if you dont have a working sattelite plugged into the 3GX it will not power up. No lights nothing.
So if the sats are bad it might be worthwhile to plug a working RX into it. I learned this because I thought I fried my 3GX and purchased a new 3GX. When I plugged the new 3GX in same thing happened nothing powered on. Then I realized the way the wire was routed on my sattelite rx the frame had worn through the wire and caused it not to work. Once I replaced the sat wire everything powered on. Just a thought, by chance you might be able to save the 3GX.

Luckily for me the hobbyshop took back the extra 3GX unit I purchased.

heli-maniac

both sats were brand new when i did the bind with the 3gx 2.1then moved it to the 450 and updated to 3.0 and it fried it all
it all worked when it was 2.1 on the 450 had it all setup then 3.0 update killed it

Last edited:
Top Bottom