FBL Gyro Align 3gx gain channel

pavotibio

Hi guys, it's been a while since my last post...
I recently decided to get rid of my RX and just use a satellite. I saw some video tutorials started unplugging cables. Thing is that I read somewhere that I had to reassign the gyro channel to AUX2 instead of GEAR. A friend told me this was wrong (he set my 450 up the first time) so I left it the way it was. Well, I went to the field yesterday and right after plugging the battery, I noticed that the status led was solid red and the gyro was not correcting nothing. I reassigned the channel to aux 2 and light went solid green with the gyro doing its work.
I spooled up and tested the tail, it responded perfectly but when I throttle up a lil more to take off, the heli jumped or rolled to the front and the blades broke. I had a spare set of blades but didnt replaced them since I had no idea what the problem was.
I'm gonna start from scratch step by step again but still have the doubt on the gyro gain channel thing. Should I use aux 2 if my servos are all plugged straight to the gyro? Friends here insist it should be gear channel. so I'm kinda lost on this matter.
Hope you can enlighten me a bit.
Thanks in advance and if you need more info please let me know.

Mauricio

Oh, I forgot to mention I'm using a DX7S

Tony

Staff member
On the 3GX, if you are using a separate Rx, then you will use channel 5 for rudder gain.

If you are using ONLY satellites, then you will use channel 7 for rudder gain.

That is just the way it is on the 3GX.

As for it tipping forward, that could be a number of things. But, make sure your shafts are all straight, and go COMPLETELY through the setup process in DIR & Rudder and make sure your correction directions are set. Another thing, switching from a Rx to just satellites could have set a different center position. Any time you make a change like this, it's best to go ahead and go through all of the settings once again just for peace of mind.

pavotibio

Thanks Tony. I'm clear on the channel thing now. Gonna do all the setting from step one. And this will be the first time since after bulding my 450 up I took it to the guy that sold it to me and he configured the whole thing. I'll maybe change the servos too. I bought the DS415 to replace the stock 410.
Cheers, man.

Mauricio

heliman uk

Hi tony sorry for not replying sooner only just seen your message to heliman uk reguarding removal of ad blockers menny thanks, in future will try to press wright button.

Top Bottom