ESC Align 130a Esc

Eggy 71

I'm finishing up wiring the 700x and notice something different from my other Helis. The ESC has 2 ports that appear to have the BEC (BEC/signal output & RPM signal.) The micro beast gyro wiring diagram shows feeding both the Rx and the gyro with the BEC. My other helis only take the BEC to the Rx and then send the power to the gyro, no direct connection ESC to gyro. Does it make any difference to only send power to the Rx instead of both?

Tony

Staff member
Hey Derek, sorry it took so long to get a reply posted on this one. Friggin server issues lol.

The second BEC wire is for heli's with high powered servos, which that 700 should have. Power is fed through both of the wires, but if you need the extra amperage capacity, then use the second one. The yellow wire (I'm guessing it's a Hobbywing) single wire plug is your governor channel for the motor. If you plan on using the internal governor on the Hobbywing, which I suggest, then that wire is not needed.

Eggy 71

No worries, I've been messing around with fine tuning. I'm a little confused on this ESC. It's a RCE-BL-130A . It doesn't program the same way the smaller ones do. Do I need that Align asbox that's in the manual or can I get software in my PC and plug it into it to check settings?

Tony

Staff member
That is actually a good question which I have never found the answer to. I thought they were just a rebranded hobbywing and that you might be able to use the hobbywing box on them. Have you tried that yet? If not, I would at least give it a shot. Otherwise, I think you may be correct, you may have to order that align box.

murankar

Staff member
Like tony I thought align was rebranding hobbywing. If it is a hobbywing use their governor. It's really really good. Its not kontronic good but it's definitely better than castle.

If its not a hobbywing then use the external if you have one.

Top Bottom