700 Alees Rush 750 Evolution

Powerdyne

Just wanted to share my latest acquisition. I got lucky on facebook and won a drawing for the new Alees Rush 750 Evolution.

Haven't gotten much air time on it yet as I just began building it in December, and my last flight the tail servo conked out, and nearly trashed her. Luckily I managed to auto down and get it on the skids, but now I am waiting on a new tail servo from AMain. :waa:

Stats:

ALEES Rush 750 Evo (in 700 configuration)
Scorpion HKIII-4035-500Kv
YEP 120A HV ESC set in Governor store mode
Promodeler S74140-DLHV Cyclic Servos
Protek 250S Tail servo (on its way from AMain)
KST adjustable Servo arms
HF Mods Aluminum radius arms
CC BEC Pro (May be switching over to an Rx pack with Scorpion Backup guard soon)
Robird G31 FBL unit (Changing over to Spartan VX1N)
Zeal 700mm Main blades (Waiting for the 750mm to come out so I can stretch her)
Zeal 105mm Tail blades (Have a set of 115's already for stretch)
Main gear: 112T Mod1 Helical
Pinion gear: 12T Mod 1 Helical
Tail ratio: 4.75:1
Total length 1185mm (in 700 configuration without canopy)
Flight ready weight: Approx. 11 lbs +/- (My setup)

A cool innovation on the Evo is the Torque dampened drive (TDD) on the autorotation gear hub. Instead of a bolt that runs through the main shaft, the hub has dampeners in it with metal inserts. A metal retainer pin is inserted through the hub and dampers through the main shaft, and two cap screws with washers retain the pin. This allows for much smoother operation of the tail drive system, and reduced wear in hard maneuvers.

Manual: http://www.aleesrc.com/images/alees-rush750_evo_manual.pdf

Batteries used (12s system):
Glacier 6s 5300mAh 35C x2
Gens Ace 6s 5300mAh 45C x2
Pulse 6s 5000mAh 60C x 2

All gears located inside the main frame (main gear, auto gear, counter gear, upper bevel gear, and tail transmission gear) are all CNC delrin.

Here's the evo right before some tuning flights out at the AMA HQ field.

A shot of the HF Mods Metal radius arm upgrade by tony Whiteside. Rockin' Tony's logo on the canopy, as well as some helifreak love. :yahoo:

Rockin' the FrSky Open source baby! :biggrin1: My little mod for an Rx PCB antenna mount using stock Rush parts. Two tail rod guides. 3M4011 tape, and a couple of zip ties each. Minimal weight added, and perfect reception.

Resting nicely on the grass letting the loctite cure.

The night before the wiring.

Don't mind the scratches on the motor. It was dinged up in shipping but it spins fine.

Rockin' some Zeal blades. Nice fit and perfect match.

I named her Leeloo! She's pretty, nimble, and deadly if you get on her bad side!

Here she is with my son, and co-pilot/spotter

Tony

Staff member
LeeLoo, hottest chick in any movie. Nice Pick for a name!

Oh yeah, you have a helicopter hahaha.

congrats on the win! You got a sweet heli! Sucks about the tail servo. Hope you get it back in the air again soon.

murankar

Staff member
Little guy looks like he was struggling to hold that beast. Nice looking heli, not a fan of the skids though.

Powerdyne

He was used to handling 450 and 500 size birds. :biggrin1: He asked if he could pick it up and get a picture with it. So I let him. He didn't want to hold it by the head and boom though. (Don't know why) he's got his hand under the frame. I snapped the picture right as he was shifting his weight right after he picked it up. He carries it with ease most times. I think he was afraid he was going to drop it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the double post, I clicked "Post reply" instead of preview. :dizzy:

As far as the skids go. I kind of like them, but they are a little bit of a pain while using a Soko tool to set up the head. The soko uses a mechanical spirit level, and the skids are so flexible that if you barely bump the workbench or the heli it takes a while to settle before you can get an accurate reading due to the shaking. It's one of the very few complaints I have about the helicopter.

murankar

Staff member
I figured there would be down side. I leaning more towards rough landings.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom