General Airplane R/c Transmitter

Newbie3.3

Ok it has been over twenty years since I last flew an R/C airplane. I know that the technology of the R/C transmitters has evolved a great deal in this time. I am slowly getting back into the airplane flying. Have been doing the Cars and trucks and now want to get back into the airplanes. What transmitter would you all recommend? Want to keep the cost under $500 if possible. Nothing fancy, just reliable and fairly easy to program. I am sure this has been discussed to death but want some honest feedback. I am building the Great Planes Cherokee 40 ARF.

Smoggie

You can get a lot of transmitter for $500. the Spektrum DX9 would be an obvious choice. 9 channels, most of the modern 'bells and whistles' such as voice announcements. telemetry etc. Easy to use programming and good after sales support from horizon hobby. Receivers are also well priced and you can get 'Spektrum compatible' receivers for buttons.

You could look at the likes of the FrSky Horus X12S which is 16 channel and one of the most feature rich and advanced transmitters on the planet. The only downside is the programming is quite complex and takes some getting used to. Also you dont get the quality of manual and after sales as you would get with Spektrum

Newbie3.3

thanks for the reply. From doing a bit of research and reading the DX9 seems to be the radio of choice. After this virus thing passes and the work outlook improves I will have to bite the bullet and make the investment. Do you have a favorite servo? I am partial to futaba, but open to suggestions

Smoggie

thanks for the reply. From doing a bit of research and reading the DX9 seems to be the radio of choice. After this virus thing passes and the work outlook improves I will have to bite the bullet and make the investment. Do you have a favorite servo? I am partial to futaba, but open to suggestions
KST servos are unbeatable bang for buck

Top Bottom