Airplane How To Section

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Airplane How To Section

Hello and welcome to the All New RCH Airplane How To section! This section has taken the place of the Helpful How-To that was in the forum before. In an effort to keep the forum clean and keep the information easy to access, we have moved everything into this section.

On the left side, after you clicked on the How To link, you will notice that there are now more links just below it all with blue "+" signs to the left of them. If you click on those + signs, it will open up the content that is within each section.

You can also, instead of clicking on the blue sign, you can click on the link to see the information within that section. at this time, not all sections have content, but I am working on getting it all filled in. Please give me time.

If you have any questions, just reply below this thread and I will help you out!

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Grossman

Hi Tony
I'm fairly new to RC Airplanes, having started flying in June 2014. I have several hours on my Hobbysone Super Cub, which I can handle with confidence. I have three flights in on my Freewing Pandora now which have went very well. The one problem is getting it to track properly during takeoff. She wants to pull to the right, probably due to engine torque, so I tried to correct it by inputting some left rudder, that helped a little, so, since the airplane has two pushrods operating from the rudder servo, I adjusted the tailwheel push rod to add a little left throw as well. Is there anything else that I could be doing or is it a matter of takeoff technique? My Transmitter is a Spectrum DX 6i

EyeStation

If it tracks properly during flight, I would check that the tail wheel is parallel to the rudder. should be able to twist the wire holding the wheel into alignment.

Tony

Staff member
Usually tail draggers will pull to the left when taking off. It's something that is unique to tail draggers. All of my planes do it. I just compensate with rudder, or I take off faster lol.

The tail wheel shouldn't have any authority when you are taking off. The tail should raise up shortly after rolling. If it's going to the right, try taking some right thrust out of the motor and shim it to the left just slightly.

Top Bottom