450 After initialization

trainrider06

heli just sits there and beeps...
Have changed motor wires around to all different combinations
Still just beeps. I'm missing something here I know...

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you may need to set your throttle endpoints again. And I'm talkign about the trim there on the Tx to the right of the throttle stick. Just lower it all the way down and it should initialize.

Tony

Staff member
Turn on the Tx and raise the throttle all the way. Remove your Blades for safety. Plug in the helicopter and wait for the first set of initialization beeps, then lower the throttle stick all the way. It should initialize as normal.

trainrider06

Ok lowered trim all the way she powered up, so I probably need to do the end point too huh?
What about the trim? Since I lowered that all the way, do I need to adjust that back or anything?

Tony

Staff member
Nope, throttle trim can be anywhere as long as you do the endpoint adjustments on it.

trainrider06

Ok, just did end points I'll see how she does, much appreciated Tony!
Wonder why that does that from radio to radio? Strange stuff!

Tony

Staff member
It just depends on where the signal is sitting on each of the pots. The pots in the 8 are much better than those in the 6i. It's common to have to do this.

trainrider06

Yeah I think my SR did same thing, but the FB 500 didn't have to do anything weird stuff.
Well thank goodness for heli brains like you Tony! :)

Tony

Staff member
Only reason I know this is because I have been through it when I upgraded from the DX6i to the DX8, then again to the DX9. You will surpass me in about a year in knowledge lol.

trainrider06

I doubt that, I am sometimes I think displaying early signs of senility a good example of this would be forgetting to check servo linkages on a 500FBL with new Zeal blades on it haha...

Top Bottom