Quad Aerosky Quad Multiwii board

Jerryz

HELP!!! I have been hours on this computer. I have followed two different youtube videos on how to config and setup the MultiWii board. Some of the changes these guys made are not even on my Arduino program. Does anyone else have this Aerosky Quad. It will NOT fly out of the box. It seems you must install the firmware. Xheli doesn't tell you that when you buy it.

wolfman76

Best person I can tell you to talk to its tasajara his name is Craig.... I have a bunch of different firmwares for multiwii I have 4 boards myself but have yet to mess with the software myself

Last edited:

Jerryz

Best person I can tell you to talk to its tasajara his name is Craig.... I have a bunch of different firmwares for multiwii I have 4 boards myself but have yet to mess with the software myself

Thanks Wolfman. I can't seem to locate tasajara on the forum. I think I have found a new place for my Aerosky...THE DUMPSTER LOL. I mean I have watched 4 different videos, been on two forums, I'm on 6 hours now just to fly a quad. It can't be this difficult. It Shouldn't be this difficult.

Jerryz

Well apparently you have to upload Multiwii firmware to configure the quad. I guess it takes you to GUI setup screen where you can set parameters for the quad.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm beginning to wonder if it's even necessary. There is no mention of firmware when you buy the quad.

wolfman76

I know a little about the multiwii software like i said i have a few firmware for multiwii where you located at buddy

Graham Lawrie

You can get the programmes on hobbyking if you look up the board you have on there scroll down the page and it is under files.

I have tried to configure the one I have with no success so far:(

wolfman76

Hey Jerryz check out Dennis Baldwin on YouTube. . He had a video specifically for the Aerosky.. he shows you how to load multiwii 2.0 software and setup self level and acro I believe

Jerryz

Hey Jerryz check out Dennis Baldwin on YouTube. . He had a video specifically for the Aerosky.. he shows you how to load multiwii 2.0 software and setup self level and acro I believe

Thanks wolfman. I did watch it. Followed it step by step, word for word. Now the motors won't arm. I am starting to think that I should not have messed with firmware, and just flown the darn thing.

wolfman76

I had trouble getting my multiwiicopter paris vr4 board first time I used it also. But finally got it after messing with it for awhile turns out i was doing a stick movement on my TX wrong... don't give up man you will get and of you ever need help i will do many best to try and help

Last edited:

Jerryz

Hey Wolfman...since you were so helpful ì thought I would let you know what the status of my aerosky is. I was on the phone with Xheli for an hour. We tried everything and every setting. Still wouldn't arm. I was told to send it back and they would program it. Cost me $40 to send it back

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and since you have a quote about flying, I will share with you a quote from a fellow club member.

It is better to be on the ground and wish you wereflying...than to be flying and wish you were on the ground. :lol:

Stambo

Well I switched to kk2 board. Can I talk about it or go to a different thread.

Probably best to start a new thread with KK2 mentioned.
KK2 is a great board, simple to set up and adjust and so much information online.
I know you probably don't want to hear this but I would recommend firmware upgrade to 1.5 or 1.6.
Almost a must for a new quad pilot.
The self level on the older versions is not very reliable.
I have 3 KK2s and they all fly really well on 1.6, I leave self level on permanently.

Tasajara

Sorry I missed the post.... been working alot...
So you have already sent the board back??

Here is a video to get most ppl started on loading code and a few of the settings

MultiWii Tutorial

Myself have swapped over to a 32 bit Wii board Flip32 (V2.3_Rev6.) being 32bit it reacts a lot faster and seems to fly smoother that the older 8bit Wii boards
GREAT flying little board for $18, if you solder the pins on yourself. But you can order it with pins if you like for a small fee.
The default settings work good right out of the box...
But I have some of my own settings that will make a quad handle awesome.

The info is in this thread WASP 280 Mini FPV Quad Post: 20

Last edited:
Top Bottom