Ad banner in the way

bigone5500

It covers the new thread button on mobile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018-095204_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201018-095204_Chrome.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 6

Tony

Staff member
Hm, interesting. I tried this on both safari and chrome on mobile, and I cannot get the banner ad to show at all. I will see what I can do to replicate the issue, and get it fixed.

RandyDSok

I'm also unable to recreate the issue using my smartphone....

Android 11 using Chrome .... the ad appears at the very bottom not the top of the page. I also attempted using desktop view and still the upper ad didn't show but the one on the side did.

Also attempted it using Android 9 and Chrome on my tablet... same results and didn't see the issue.

@bigone5500 ... you should report what phone, version of the OS and what browser you are seeing this with so people don't have to guess at your setup ...

Tony

Staff member
I was able to recreate it with my Note 4. But my iPhone would not even load the ads

I am playing with different ad types to see if I can get one that works on mobile and desktop both, so if you are seeing a million ads on mobile right now, just chill, it will NOT stay that way.... OMG this is annoying.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I have the ad issue covering the new post button resolved. I do not like the fix for it, but at this point, it is what it is. Let me know if you all see anything else that is weird on the site.

And thanks @bigone5500 for letting me know about this issue.

bigone5500

Well now it doesn't do it. The short height ad is now a much taller one. I have refreshed several times and it doesn't do it any more.

Oh well. Glad it's 'fixed'. BTW: Galaxy S10 5G running android 10 using chrome 86.0.4240.99.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, the original ad had a fixed size, which is horrible for mobile devices. It runs off the side of the screen, and as you saw, covers things up. The new ad is a "responsive" ad that detects what device you are on before it loads it. I do not like it because it makes the ad on the main forum on desktop MASSIVE! But, most people are on mobile, so I'm doing it for them.

Aliens you say? Where's my Ban Hammer?! :admin:

Top Bottom