Accurc

Tony

Staff member
I looked at the exchange rate, and it was only showing slightly over a bill. But still, if this sim does what it says it can do, and looks great while flying, it's worth MUCH more than $150!!!

pvolcko

74 british pounds + 13 BP for shipping = 148.81 USD at the moment.

Where are you seeing it for just over $100?

- - - Updated - - -

And models: Models | AccuRC

No 450 size, 500 is the smallest I see. But there are more than 4. And based on the videos and interviews, each would be highly configurable to the setup you want with an array of servos, potentially more than one FBL system type, blades, motors, esc, etc.

Last edited:

wolfman76

i have it for 102.and change for us dollars before taxes man those models look super brilliant and detailed

mirrorcarp27

Can anyone help this this

I was just thinking about looking into making my TX-9X-M2/8992 Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 2) (v2 Firmware. Wireless while using AccuRC Simulator for more freedom would this be possible if so what adapter kit would I need from AccuRC and does it come with instructions how to set up wireless kit.

pvolcko

As far as I know they do not have a module for using a set of standard receiver outputs (servo PWM signals). They have satellite wireless module interfaces though (Spektrum/JR and SBus/Futaba).

If you Tx has an option for a spektrum/JR interace module, then you could use it in conjunction with a OrangeRx DSMX satellite and the Spektrum/JR wireless interface to AccuRC. I'm sure their wireless interface packaging includes instruction on how to bind things up.

In other news...

20140719_105618_edit_800w.jpg

What's this? Registered mail? On a Saturday? Royal Mail? That's a bit ostentatious, no?

Wait... could it be?

20140719_105640_800w.jpg

<Kool-aid Character busting through the wall> OH YEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

20140719_105706_800w.jpg

Simple, but professional packaging.

20140719_105712_800w.jpg

They're showing images of planes of all sorts, thinking there is more to come beyond the helis, assuming they make enough sales to keep the enterprise going!

20140719_105725_800w.jpg

20140719_105748_800w.jpg

Comes with DVD-ROM (not a pressed disc, but a DVD-/+R burned disc, definitely are working low volume if they are going that route at the moment), Spektrum/JR compatible cable and their wired USB interface. Their wireless interfaces plug into the USB interface via jack, I believe.

Didn't spring for the DSMX sat interface. If I like it enough to keep then I'll sell my copies of RealFlight and/or Pheonix and order it up.

Review to come. Will get it installed and flying tonight or tomorrow. Weather's too good right now to spend screwing with a new sim when there are real helis to be flown!

Trying to figure out how to effectively convey fluidity of flight behavior in this vs Pheonix or RealFlight. Maybe I'll fly stock helis of the same type (assuming they all have at least one model in common) on each and see if the flight differences show clearly or are explainable.

20140719_105618_edit_800w.jpg

20140719_105640_800w.jpg

20140719_105706_800w.jpg

20140719_105712_800w.jpg

20140719_105725_800w.jpg

20140719_105748_800w.jpg

mirrorcarp27

Yes Turnigy Transmitter also use the same interface like the spectrum /JR transmitter with a 3.5mm jack plug I am using this with the Simulator at the moment. I did some searching on the Internet and i have found a device called Simstick Wireless Simulator Interface : Simstick Pro: Spektrum, Futaba, JR, etc do a search on Youtube and about 3 years ago Ashley did a review on Simstick which might work with the Simulator I have also email them and asked if it will be compatible?. When I got my new simulator software I was having problems with my Transmitter to work how it should the controls were mess up. So I when to support page on AccuRC and raise a ticket a little while after I was contacted by Ashley Davis who was very helpful and he said we can do this two ways here is a copy of that email below Ashley Davis (AccuRC) I decided to use team Viewer he also rang my landline so he could speak to me with my transmitter stick movement he also said in about a week or so he will make a new profile update for turnigy transmitter users I also tried different profile tabs and I am using Hitech config at the moment I have also asked Ashley about wireless transmitter device but being the weekend I haven't got a reply yet.:party:

Jul 17 11:40

Hi Scott,

No problem, sounds like we just need to work out what the channel mapping is on this Turnigy tx and then do a custom set up on it.
I can do this one of two ways, I can either talk you through it using skype so you can share your screen and I can see what's going on. Alternatively if you install teamviewer I can connect to your PC and you can watch while I set it up for you.
Once this is done I won't be able to connect to your PC again as it's all done via passwords which change every time you use team viewer.

Rgds, Ash.

pvolcko

Okay, first impressions:
1) The flight modeling is as good as they say. I feel no need to tweak any settings to get this thing flying how a real heli flies. It is seriously real-life good.

2) Default settings on the default model are "beginner" level. It makes it overly soft and squishy. You have to select the FBL panel to tweak the settings, similar to how you would on a real FBL unit, to up the amps and get things rockin. To me this is an odd choice. I would have expected them to make defaults fairly responsive. People just venturing into the world of helis are not going to be buying this sim. Predominantly it is people already in the know and looking for the next great thing.

3) Sluggish stick inputs. It is a latency issue. I can move a stick full throw, up and down, before the sim even knows it happened based on the delay in displaying on the virtual on-screen tx. This is seriously hampering things in flight. Sport stuff and mild 3D you can get away with it, but if you're practicing on the deck smack or simply trying to see what a heli model can do, then this will be a stumbling block. I'm running a i3 and 2.5ghz, 5GB ram, win 7 and not a lot extra running at the same time in the background. And once the stick movements are showing up it appears to be catching every single little jitter on the sticks. It is purely a latency problem. A delay in processing stick inputs in the Tx to the sim software. I'll try loading the app up on my i7 desktop system with a pile of ram and quality video card and see if it's any better. I tried turning down video rendering options and resolution in the app and it had no effect on the latency problem.

4) Selecting a new model is a pain in the butt. The entire app has a odd feel to it in terms of user interface. Not just visually, also in terms of how buttons work (sometimes needing to click them twice to get them to work), inability to easily bump between full screen and windowed modes with usual windows hotkeys, etc. It actually feels a lot more like a CAD or 3D modeling program than a piece of user software. More utilitarian than commercial. It may have simply suffered from the well known effects of letting a bunch of engineers design and develop the user experience aspect of an application. :)

More to come. No conclusions as of yet.

damhdearg

Thanks for your thoughts Paul, I have high hopes of this sim bringing something new and interesting to my long winter practise.
Hopefully the bugs can be ironed out.

pvolcko

IT strikes me as quite "unseasoned" compared to RealFlight and Phoenix. The UI is clunky.

Installing on my laptop now, will see if it's any better on a higher horsepower machine.

Top Bottom