Accurc First Impressions

Tony

Staff member
Thanks to the Patreon members, I purchased AccuRC V2.0.6 earlier today and in this thread/article, I will let you know what I think about it so far.

You can purchase a physical copy of this simulator and you can also purchase it with or separately, the USB Dongle for the simulator. If you purchase the dongle from AccuRC, you can also purchase a Spektrum adapter cable so that you can put a Spektrum Satellite Receiver on it making it completely wireless.

I opted to purchase the simulator through Steam and download it immediately after purchase. Thanks to my slow internet though, it took a while to download since the file is 4.4GB in size. So I started the download, and I waited... And waited... I hate my internet....

Once it was finally downloaded I needed to figure out what I was going to use to play it. I have my Spektrum DX9, but I really don't want, nor an I, use the Mic input on my computer to allow me to run a sinple 3.5mm cable from the DX9 to the Mic input of the computer. So I opted to just pull out my Interlink Elite from my RealFlight 6.5 Sim and use that since AccuRC has predefined settings just for the Interlink controller, and it works really well.

Right off the bat, you are greeted by what I like to call an overly simplistic design. So simple in fact that those like me that look for all of the settings in a File menu, or Settings menu along the top bar are going to be lost for a bit when they first fire up this simulator. Instead, everything is nexted pretty well in the left menu bar and there is also a menu that looks like a rotary knob in the lower center of the screen when you are flying. In there you will find all of the settings you need.

For the Interlink, you do have to go into your computers control panel and calibrate it in there. You can not do it in AccuRC, in fact it will tell you to do it on your computer. I did this, and it works, but just not what I was expecting.

Onc ethat was done I went into the models and I selected pretty much the first helicopter that I fly in any sim, the Goblin 700. Once I was in the sim, the first thing I noticed is that there is only one way to shut the rotor blades off, and that is with throttle hold. Smoggie and I actually did some talking about this in another thread where I said for beginners to start with a Normal mode, and he said to start with IU settings in all modes. I guess if you want to start off with IU in all modes and only rely on TH to stop the blades, then this is definitely the simulator for you!

Once flying, the helcopter felt very sluggish. I'm talking below beginner settings in IU3 and no DR. When I setup the Interlink, I set every helicopter to default to the 3D settings but this was definitely NOT 3D settings. I finally found the menu where you could adjust it, and sure enough, it was set to beginner! Not what I put in... I changed it to 3D, and quite honestly, even that setting is a little slow compared to what I normally would want it to go straight out of the box.

I ended up flying 3 helicopters I think, and they were all this way. I did finally find the setting to change to 3D on every model and so far the only one that seemed legit was the Goblin Fireball I think. It was one of the smaller ones. But with that thing, holy hell would it get away from you in a hurry lmao.

I did try the little 1/8th scale buggy and it was horribly slow. I just played around with the landscape, found the edge and fell off and ended up driving UNDER the map. Yup, definitely a bug that needs to be fixed, but only AFTER they speed these things up!

Another bug that I found, I went into the workroom and put the pitch gauge on the helicopter and it was laying on the table, not on the blades where it was supposed to be. But even though it was on the table, it still moved kind of like it was on the blade. I say kind of because it was rotating around an axis that was what appeared to be about a foot away. Really weird.

So far that is about as far as I have gotten in the sim. I'm thinking about firing up a session to test this thing out, just not sure when. If you guys would like to join in, let me know and I will try to inform you through this thread when I do so.

If you have AccuRC, post up and let me know what you think about it.

Tony

Staff member
After playing this sim for about 2.5 hours, I can say that it is a pretty good simulator, especially for what it costs. But Rc-Help purchased this simulator for Simulator Sunday so that others can get on it and have some fun and learn a thing or two and the online session is absolutely HORRIBLE!!! You can ask @bigone5500, he was there and saw it as well. It absolutely sucks and was a waste of money from Rc-Help.

Hoping an update soon will fix this issue... Time will tell. For now, I guess I"m looking for a very cheap copy of RF7.5...

Tony

Staff member
I have been talking with one of the people over at AccuRC and he said last night that an update would be coming out soon for the issue with being stuck on the Creating Model when you are trying to fly. Indeed, this morning when I fired up the sim, there was a large update that started downloading. And for the most part, it did fix the issue with the loading, I hope. It did add another VR though which I could care less about.

I also asked him if they are going to fix the online issues which is the ONLY reason I purchased this sim. This is his exact response...

"Yes MP is something that works but we know it has issues. It's taken a bit of a back burner whilst we try to get the mac version and some new models in."

So once again, at this time, this sim is pretty much useless for what we wanted to use it for. Guess we will stick with Phoenix until they get this sim fixed...

Tony

Staff member
You could, but you know when they fix everything, you will purchase it again. And if your luck is like mine, it will be more expensive then lmao.

jacobcreek

Glad you really like the Accurc simulator Tony, if you find any bugs just report it straight away so the devs can quickly fix it. You can report bugs on their website or on the steam community. Anyways glad you like it. Let us know if you are good to go for Sim Sunday, hope to join you guys there.

jacobcreek

Oh I just read your other posts tony lol. How about the Next CGM simulator, the updates are completely free and MP works really well. Better than buying a simulator that you have to pay updates for.

I forgot to mention Next uses several cloud servers for their MP which makes it better than any other simulator

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking I may should have went with neXt. By their own words (AccuRC), the MP issues are on the back burner for quite a while. But, I just don't have the money for neXt right now. Maybe in a few months, but that doesn't do sim sunday any good right now.

jacobcreek

I talked to one of the developers of Accurc and he said the lastest update was a big one. Multiplayer Online is now on their to do list.

So hopefully they nail this on the head soon and ready for the next big update.

jacobcreek

I'm thinking I may should have went with neXt. By their own words (AccuRC), the MP issues are on the back burner for quite a while. But, I just don't have the money for neXt right now. Maybe in a few months, but that doesn't do sim sunday any good right now.
Tony if Accurc doesn't come up with an update in the following months, I'll go with Next CGM with you

Tony

Staff member
I as well was talking with one of the Dev's when they sent that email I quoted above. The fact of the matter is the simulator is there to do what it is meant to do and that is to allow people, individuals, to get on the sim with fantastic simulation to flying a CCPM helicopter and learn some Muscle Memory. For single player this simulator, in my opinion, is absolutely one of the best I have tested. Unfortunately however Multiplayer is what we use on the live streams and what we were wanting in the sim for the fun factor.

I do like hearing that they do have this in the plans, I just wish they would move it up the chain on what they want to update. And yes, the last update was very large and did update many things, but from what I'm reading, it actually hurt the MP modes. I'm not returning it, even if I could because I know it is a fantastic simulator and I will learn a lot from it.

And anyone that has purchased this simulator (@bigone5500), I will still try to do this online every chance I get. Your purchases weigh heavy on me since I pretty much decided this myself (and the votes pulled it that direction). So I'm sticking with it and I hope you all do as well.

bigone5500

We will ride it out. If it fails then we have a good standalone that isnt all a waste. This being said, if we decide on another sim I'll have to think about fixing my graphics card or build a new PC :hdbng:. HD4000 can only do so much.

Tony

Staff member
If you want to build a new one, let me know your budget and we will get you a system setup. I need to build a new one as well, but with RAM prices as well as GPU prices I'm having to wait a while.

jacobcreek

We will ride it out. If it fails then we have a good standalone that isnt all a waste. This being said, if we decide on another sim I'll have to think about fixing my graphics card or build a new PC :hdbng:. HD4000 can only do so much.
Let us know how you go on the new PC build, love love love nerdy stuff.

Top Bottom