A nice calm evening on the beach

Lee

I had a great evening flying on the beach.
No one around but me.

14+-+1

Then as I was packing up, look what passed by the beach :eek:

14+-+2

By the time I got my camera out, it had died off a lot. Its was a solid water spout when I saw it first. Not in the same league as the midwest USA
but we don't get things like that here very often.

murankar

Staff member
I ran across one in 95 or 96 when i was near Greece. We managed to avoid them.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Water spouts are cool as hell. No, it's nothing like what we have here in Oklahoma, but they will still do damage to a boat. Looks like a pretty good lowering with it as well.

Lee

Not normally cause i don't crash it.
But saying that, today the sand was pretty wet.
One landing, the skids sunk a bit more than normal, and the tail blades hit the sand, spraying the heli with it :(
On the plus side it wore off the Align writing on the tail blades LOL :D

I've always wanted to fly around at the beach, I might give it a go, I got a rubber mat last week it's about a metre square, could be good landing pad on the beach for you too

Lee

I have a landing pad, but i need to weigh the edges down before I can use it.
You do NOT want the edges flapping up into the blades. Saw that happen to a guys new 700 on its maiden.

sarconastic

I have enough trouble with the pond in my back yard. It is 8' x 10 ' and it is like a magentic draw to every aircraft I own. I can be flying in the front yard two house down and somehow manage to crash somewhere near that damn water. So much so i think I am going to buy waterproof electronics for my next build. get a water cooled motor and when things get to warm just hover into the pond and cool it off. LOL

I am in Iowa, that is a teaser spout, we have Tornadoes here that use those to tie up Thunderheads.:wink:

WOody

Top Bottom