Power Supply's A new power supply

Slobberdog

Yeah it's just to get it a bit tidier. Did not like it on the tool tidy, it was unbalanced and all in the open

Slobberdog

Well case number 2 and maybe the last, I was fed up of not having enough room in the case while charging, so here's a few pics of my setup in the reclaimed case.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And I can take the charger platform off easy as it's held with Velcro to the power supply,

Now I have loads of room, yee ha

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

vimy

I could not find the actual backplane edge connector sockets for the HP 1200FB, but found this:

Server Power Supply Interface Board - for standalone miners and GPU rigs

The post mentions it is not an exact match.

Some insulation may be required on the board edge to prevent shorts if the socket doesn't line up.

It is another way of wiring the PSU and avoiding having to solder on to the gold plated edge contacts.

Copper tracks are not that mechanically strong, accidental rough handling can make them lift off the substrate and wreck a good board.

A suggestion, to help with the current flow. Make use of the large +ve and -ve contacts on the other side of the board by shorting them out with link of thin brass sheeting, wrapped around the edge and soldered.

This will take the stress of the current flow on both sides of the board and use the link to solder the connector on, much stronger than relying on the copper tracks alone.

That's a good idea Slobberdog, putting a switch in series with the resistor on the front and using it to switch the DC side on and off.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't edit my previous post.

It will be useful to meter out both sides of the power supply 12V outputs to ensure both sides of the board are electrically connected to the same point before linking them up as I earlier suggested.

Sorry, I forgot too mention that.

coolice

I could not find the actual backplane edge connector sockets for the HP 1200FB, but found this:

Server Power Supply Interface Board - for standalone miners and GPU rigs

The post mentions it is not an exact match.

Some insulation may be required on the board edge to prevent shorts if the socket doesn't line up.

It is another way of wiring the PSU and avoiding having to solder on to the gold plated edge contacts.

Copper tracks are not that mechanically strong, accidental rough handling can make them lift off the substrate and wreck a good board.

A suggestion, to help with the current flow. Make use of the large +ve and -ve contacts on the other side of the board by shorting them out with link of thin brass sheeting, wrapped around the edge and soldered.

This will take the stress of the current flow on both sides of the board and use the link to solder the connector on, much stronger than relying on the copper tracks alone.

That's a good idea Slobberdog, putting a switch in series with the resistor on the front and using it to switch the DC side on and off.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't edit my previous post.

It will be useful to meter out both sides of the power supply 12V outputs to ensure both sides of the board are electrically connected to the same point before linking them up as I earlier suggested.

Sorry, I forgot too mention that.

Hey Buddy.

I have a custom designed plug on module for the DPS-1200FB's, it will work with 2x PSU's and can be used on it's own or with my popular protection circuits.
The main benefit is the quick interchange of downed PSU's without the need for soldering.

I can also supply these edge connectors for £2.50 each, they are short by two pins, but work well.

Ian Contessa

005.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

2400 watt PSU.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Not to be a bah humbug but... Ian make sure you pm Tony Newlin about promoting. Work something out with him, its been an issue on here in the past. Don't want to see you banned. You have some good knowledge on these charging setups.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

coolice

Not to be a bah humbug but... Ian make sure you pm Tony Newlin about promoting. Work something out with him, its been an issue on here in the past. Don't want to see you banned. You have some good knowledge on these charging setups.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Hey Buddy.

Ah no not at all, thank you for looking out for me and I fully understand.

If need be please remove my post, I think I have posted photos on the forum already, but cannot keep up with where exactly to link back.

Thanks.

Ian

Top Bottom