450 A new heli

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey everyone. Hope that you enjoyed your turkey. Couple days ago my Tarot 450 pro esc fried out. During the fry out my RX got ruin also. So i decided to start over and purchase a new heli to go with my new RX that i have to order also. My choices were, another Tarot 450 pro, Align T-Rex 450, JR 450 Forza and Gaui X3. After many videos and word of mouth in the chat room, i decided to get the Guai X3, no electronics. I should of ask the forum for advice but wanted to choose on my own. I don't know much about Gaui but i notice that some people on this site have Gaui X3 and seem very happy with theirs. For the time being, i'm going to keep her 3 cell till I'm ready to change over to 6 cell. I will be asking for help when i do that. The Gaui X3 will have, DX6i, AR7200BX, Yep 45a, 4 KST DS215MG and T-motor 3700KV or Turnigy 2215 3500KV not sure which one to use. I know that none of this happen unless pics are present. Once i get her and get it together, i will have pics. I would like to know is the difference between 3s vs 6s, beside cell count and how hard is it to convert? Thanks RCH forum for past,present and of course future help that i will be needing. Happy Holidays everyone.

murankar

Staff member
I have a build vblog in the blog section of the site. I did not video the tail assembly but as you will see it is very much straight forward. The only thing to watch is the placement of the torque tube support bearing on the TT shaft. It does not need to be exact but it needs to be close for sure. I used green thread locker on that bearing and on the TT ends. You will also nee to pay attention to the collars that go on the TT ends. They will need to be placed exactly so the boom pinning screws do not interfere with them. FInal note, pay attention to any play in the main shaft. This wont be to tricky just need to watch the gear mesh in the tail and auto gear. You will see 6 shims in the third video, these are used to shim the main shaft and the auto gear. FOr the final final note, you will need a pair of c clip pliers or a pair of fine tipped needle nose for the main gear assembly. I think I point that out in the video. Any questions just ask, its a nicely designed kit. Oh I keep thinking of stuff, the battery tray; if you have multiple batteries you may want to order enough trays to cover your batteries and stick them with 3M grey or you can do the velcro deal. If you go with velcro; like I did, you will want straps to help hold the batteries in. I used the scropion locking straps, the brand you use doesn't matter as long as you have something to help hold them in.

RC-Help.com

RC-Help.com

RC-Help.com

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have a build vblog in the blog section of the site. I did not video the tail assembly but as you will see it is very much straight forward. The only thing to watch is the placement of the torque tube support bearing on the TT shaft. It does not need to be exact but it needs to be close for sure. I used green thread locker on that bearing and on the TT ends. You will also nee to pay attention to the collars that go on the TT ends. They will need to be placed exactly so the boom pinning screws do not interfere with them. FInal note, pay attention to any play in the main shaft. This wont be to tricky just need to watch the gear mesh in the tail and auto gear. You will see 6 shims in the third video, these are used to shim the main shaft and the auto gear. FOr the final final note, you will need a pair of c clip pliers or a pair of fine tipped needle nose for the main gear assembly. I think I point that out in the video. Any questions just ask, its a nicely designed kit. Oh I keep thinking of stuff, the battery tray; if you have multiple batteries you may want to order enough trays to cover your batteries and stick them with 3M grey or you can do the velcro deal. If you go with velcro; like I did, you will want straps to help hold the batteries in. I used the scropion locking straps, the brand you use doesn't matter as long as you have something to help hold them in.

RC-Help.com

RC-Help.com

RC-Help.com

Thank you for your time Murankar on posting these video. I think i'm just going to buy the belt conversion kit and stay away from the T.T. for the time being. I never notice these videos before but i didn't have a Guai heli before either. I'm sure that i will have question later on down the road that i will need help with. You can count on that! I knew that you had this brand of heli and other. I would like to here from other on there opinion on this heli. Take care and thanks again for the videos.

murankar

Staff member
Do you want to see the video where I put it in nose first without canopy at high head speed on concrete?

Its very durable and as for the belt, I found the torque tube setup to be durable. I have not completely striped a gear set yet. I have roughed up a set but that's it. Either way you won't be disappointed!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Do you want to see the video where I put it in nose first without canopy at high head speed on concrete?

Its very durable and as for the belt, I found the torque tube setup to be durable. I have not completely striped a gear set yet. I have roughed up a set but that's it. Either way you won't be disappointed!

Yes , i would like to see that video. I trust your judgement on the T.T. I will try it out first. My Tarot was T.T. in the beginning till being converted to belt drive. I heard of blue and red loc-tite but green? Either way. T.T. or belt, i can't wait till the bird comes back in stock. !5% off original price on the heli, thanks HeliDirect for working with me. No discount on out of stock item but they made it happen. Every little bit saved helps.

murankar

Staff member
Go to 1:40 then watch. I dont know if its in this video but when I pick up the frame you'll see a popped link on the ground. It was my fault not the kits. I tried to use my cell phone to do the pitch setup and it failed me horribly. My measurements were not consistent and caused me to remove the links way to many times.

Gaui X3 crash flight - YouTube

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Go to 1:40 then watch. I dont know if its in this video but when I pick up the frame you'll see a popped link on the ground. It was my fault not the kits. I tried to use my cell phone to do the pitch setup and it failed me horribly. My measurements were not consistent and caused me to remove the links way to many times.

Gaui X3 crash flight - YouTube

Thanks for showing me that video. I won't be flying on pavement anytime soon. She can take a licking. Low or high, grass or payment, a crash is not a good thing. Looks like you are using KBDD blades? How do you like them? Your videos will help alot. I watch them to get an idea what i'm in for. I had a Walkera that was RTF, my Tarot was all ready built but no electronic and now the Gaui. This should be fun to build. Thanks again!

murankar

Staff member
I do like them but they have a down side. You can't fold them all the way back. They go back about 90° and that's it. So when you pack up the heli you won't use the blade holder.

What's nice is that they are wide cord. This allows you to reduce some disk loading with out going longer. On a 3S setup its ideal.

The blades I like the most are Rails 326mm. These are a standard cord blade that fly with a lighter disk load.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I do like them but they have a down side. You can't fold them all the way back. They go back about 90° and that's it. So when you pack up the heli you won't use the blade holder.

What's nice is that they are wide cord. This allows you to reduce some disk loading with out going longer. On a 3S setup its ideal.

The blades I like the most are Rails 326mm. These are a standard cord blade that fly with a lighter disk load.

Thanks for that information on the blades. I'll keep that in mind. I only fly in my back yard. Is this heli hard to switch from 3cell to 6 cell? Which is better, i never had 6 cell heli. A little more expensive but eazier on the electronics, that what i heard.

Tony

Staff member
The higher the voltage, the lower the amperage given the same wattage.

And to switch from 3 to 6 cell, you will have to replace your batteries, ESC and motor.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The higher the voltage, the lower the amperage given the same wattage.

And to switch from 3 to 6 cell, you will have to replace your batteries, ESC and motor.

Thank you Mr. Tony, can you give me an idea what batteries,ESC and motor that you would recommend? I'm going to take my time on putting together this heli. Once my Rx comes in, it will be installed in the Tarot. That's all she needs to get in the air. The Gaui will be my project on the side. Should i stay 3 cells or go to 6 cells. I'm in the market for new batteries anyway so instead of 3 cell, i'll buy 6 cells. I could use any outside opinion in putting this heli together. My ears are open.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not familiar with what the Gaui takes, so I can't say for sure. I know URI has done a lot of research on this matter, hopefully he will know.

murankar

Staff member
Castle 50 amp ESC. This will handle everything up to 6s. I also added a 10 amp bec which is good to 8s. Now for motors, personally I would go with the Gaui branded Scorpion motor. Its $80 and its a scorpion. Batteries are your choice. I run pulse ultra 2250 35c packs and they work fine. If you go 6s then an 1800 mah 35c pack will be just fine based on Gaui's recommendation.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks for your help. That CC 50a Esc you recommended, is the lite version? Yes i'm going to go with the Gaui motor and would it be alright to go with Pluse lipo that the T-Rex Dominator uses "1250 mAh 22.2v 45c ? The Gaui is still in backorder but i would like to get all electronics together before i get her. I will be asking future questions about Tx settings. Thanks again.

murankar

Staff member
Yes the lite. The other won't fit under the canopy without mods done to the ESC tray.

Top Bottom