A little 450 Pro DFC action today after the repairs...

trainrider06

LOL that woulda been a fantastic crash video instead! LOL Yeah I haven't flown in waaay over a month, yesterday I was shaking like hell. but todays flights were a little more comfortable.....one of these days I'll flip it! :)
Shoot I am halfway there on some of my turns I reckon LOL

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
One day at a time Rodney. Next thing you know, you will be doing your first flip :). Your right about being right their. Now all you have to do is get past that mental block. If you can do it on the sim, I know you can do it for real. Shoot, I still shake after every flight. Either way, your doing great!

trainrider06

my problem is I don't get to fly enough. I'll go a month sometimes 2 before I can get to the field, you just can't hone the skills like that....:(

Smoggie

yesterday I was shaking like hell. but todays flights were a little more comfortable

I used to be the same, after flying my old 450 Pro my nerves were 'jangling' as if I was overdosing on amphetamine. These days I don't get the same effect other than if I have a near miss. You are right in that you need to get regular practice in, that's the only way.

trainrider06

I used to be the same, after flying my old 450 Pro my nerves were 'jangling' as if I was overdosing on amphetamine. These days I don't get the same effect other than if I have a near miss. You are right in that you need to get regular practice in, that's the only way.
It's very frustrating! I have thought about just giving up the hobby at times because of this!
Yesterday I was just starting to feel comfortable again, and I'll probably not get much chance to fly again for some time....hopefully I will, but the way things go probably not.

trainrider06

Those were some nice passes and controlled turns. Flying that low is sketchy!! Thats a nice air field, damn.

Thanks PGL, just getting back used to basics again, since I don't fly much. Hehe yeah I get a kick outta those low passes...:)
I like that field, it's on 5 acres, plenty of room. But mostly plankers fly there, have been a member for 3 years there now, and have yet to see another heli guy there! It's kinda like the Maytag repair man there. Everyone always comments, "I tried heli's and couldn't fly em". It's kinda a lonely feeling being off to one corner, and plankers all gathered with their interests.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:emono: Consider your self NOT as a lonely flyer of helicopter Rodney but a unique individual that can tame and fly this beast that everyone whines about how they can't fly one. :whining:

Admiral

Hi Rodney, nice flying, I get nerves as well if I've been away from it for a while, I have one favorite bird that go back to to start with, an old 450 Robo Pigeon.
It is so predictable and brings my confidence level right back up so I can tackle the others.

trainrider06

Thanks Keith, this year the weather has been terrible really. Rains in the spring, constant winds above 20mph most days, and of course day to day stuff that gets in the way.
I keep trying though! Lol

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Keith, this year the weather has been terrible really. Rains in the spring, constant winds above 20mph most days, and of course day to day stuff that gets in the way.
I keep trying though! Lol

There you go Rodney. The old college try. Glad to here that. If you think about it, it's not worth giving up this hobby :emono:. All the time and money you have invested can't be made up. If you sell your stuff, most likely you'll never get back what you put into. When you do fine some free time, what are you going to do besides honey do list :chuckles:. I know your tired and not thinking right. Get some rest, sleep on it and we'll pick up this conversation in your next session after you gather your thoughts of course,Lol.

trainrider06

Oh shoot Ivan even if I did quit, I would just make shelf queens outta them, as you said so much time and money in em....plus it's a pain in the rear to ship these things! The ones I have sold were a real pain because I took great care to find the right box, pack em good....it sucked! Lol I just renewed my club membership anyway, not gonna let that go to waste! :wink:.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh shoot Ivan even if I did quit, I would just make shelf queens outta them, as you said so much time and money in em....plus it's a pain in the rear to ship these things! The ones I have sold were a real pain because I took great care to find the right box, pack em good....it sucked! Lol I just renewed my club membership anyway, not gonna let that go to waste! :wink:.

Alrighty then. Glad you came to your senses. No more negative talk. The boys at your club are jealous that they can't fly helis like you. Keep up the good work and in no time, it will all come together. You'll see. :)

trainrider06

Oh heck I love the heli's, and actually I love just flying em like I did the 450 in the video, I'd just like to do some flips rolls, a little inverted, loops, and I'd be ok with that. I really get my biggest thrill by flying them very controlled and having them go exactly where I want em to go.

Oh and those low speed passes....love seeing em buzz by low like that! Lol

Top Bottom