A huge apology

DAL2855

Banned
I owe a fellow forum member a public apology for the way I've been acting the past couple of days about the gyro I purchased from him. I went back and changed the servos on this bird for some cheap ES08MD servos on the Cyclics. Left the DS525M on the tail so I would have a good tail servo. Then went back through the entire setup process again for the umpteenth time. I must have gotten it just right this time! It actually flew this time and did not crash! So Breeze my hat is off too you and I hope you can forgive my attitude!

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
She's definitely ALOT faster and agile than the ZYX bird that's for sure! I just gotta get the Elevator axis dialed in, she's way too touchy on the elevator axis! Gonna turn the SWASHAFR down 5% at a time til she's not so touchy!

john2012

Banned
good job hillbilly and i don't know if you know this these people are great and they all have great info buddy your a good man DAL2855

john2012

Banned
yep that would be a good thing because im new at this and im looking for a pilot for help im using the phenix simulator and not bad with the micros but a different thing with the 450 and jist having a small problem with the cyclic swash level and servos are at 90 but liftoff tail comes up anf leans to the right

DAL2855

Banned
Your swashplate is not level if it's lifting the tail and leaning to the right on attempting to take off. Are you using a swash leveling tool? If you don't have one, then use a zip tie around the main shaft just above the swashplate and bring it down til it just touches the arms where the linkages hook onto the swashplate and make sure they are all identical in height to the zip tie!

john2012

Banned
yes i do have a swash leveling tool and it is for the align trex450 got it from align

- - - Updated - - -

level man have tool

Whirlybird

Takes a big man to admit he's wrong and a BIGGER one to do it publicly :hdbng:

Don't think West Virginia's a big enough state for you . . . need to move to Texas with Gaba :yikes:

DAL2855

Banned
Whirlybird, actually I lived in Texas for about 14-15 years. I was stationed at Ft. Hood for 8 out of my 13 years in the Army, and then when I got out, I stayed there a few more years! Loved the weather down there!

DAL2855

Banned
That's what I did in the Army, I have about 1500hrs stick time in the UH-60 airframe. And have about 2500hrs fixed wing time!

murankar

Staff member
Fort hood the great place, home of "America's hammer"

I live on west ft. Hood behind the front shopette.

Top Bottom