A hover test :(

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello. I finally got the chance to try out my 450scale heli. It's been real windy last few days and the days to come. I needed to find out if the heli was nose or tail heavy. If it will lean right or left and so on. I got a break from the winds this evening and gave the heli a test hover. All went find til the end. I got lucky, you can say When the winds calm down, I'll go for a real flight :)

Smoggie

Looked good, was the little circle at the end not intentional?.. It looked like it was under full control.

It's got an unusual sound to it, and the rotors slowed very quickly when you powered off. What mechanicals is it using?

Geena

Staff member
Looks good, and that was a good save at .56. I can`t wait to see you open it up, and get some flights on it. :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Smoggie. That little circle was intentional. It was a little heavier then I thought when I went around but I didn't panic. That unusual sound you heard, I'm think was the blade barely hitting the aluminum landing pad with the tip of the blades. That was cause by the left landing gear collapsing. It was slowing down very quickly because I hit throttle hold after the landing gear gave away :(. I have a DX6 so i have no extra channel for the landing gear to operate. I have the wheels shim open. As for mechanical I'm using the AR72100BX, KST 215mg all around. The motor is a align 460mx 3s with 13T on it using a HW 50a esc. My pitch is 13 degrees and I'm running straight 80 on 1 and straight 85 on 2.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Geena. I'm hoping for the winds to die down before I try a real flight today. The evening seems a good time for the winds to calm down some.

Geena

Staff member
The wind had been horrible everywhere lately. It was blowing 15-20 mph here all day yesterday. I hope it gives you a break, so you can enjoy that awesome helicopter.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks again Geena :) I did get a chance this evening to sneak in a couple of flights. Here's one, nothing fancy

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well, supposedly my headspeed sounded to high so I did some adjusting to the TX and blade pitch. I did a low flying test on the side of my house just to see how it sounds and feels this time.

Top Bottom