General A deep dive into helicopter

holtneil

Hi guys i dont know if any of you guys have seen the smarter every day deep dive into helis , so i put it up here for newbies and us that want to know more

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys i dont know if any of you guys have seen the smarter every day deep dive into helis , so i put it up here for newbies and us that want to know more

There's some interesting stuff on his vids Neil, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched a few more videos, some excellent slow motion photography, definitely recommend watching these

90 degree phasing!! Learnt something new... The explanations are really good

Nice one Neil, I'll be watching ALL these..

Stambo

There's some interesting stuff on his vids Neil, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched a few more videos, some excellent slow motion photography, definitely recommend watching these

90 degree phasing!! Learnt something new... The explanations are really good

Nice one Neil, I'll be watching ALL these..

I totally agree, that 90 degree phasing and gyroscopic precession have totally messed up my head.
I'm gonna have to watch those more than once, and I'm gonna have a closer look at my heli tonight when I get home.

holtneil

Hi mate its not to bad really , to go forward the input to the blade is made when the blade is at the side of the heli 90 degs from when the action will take place , so on a multi blades head the links are 90 deg forward of there blade , so one blade is over the tail the blade that is at 90 degs and moving towards the tail has its link rod at an angle so its under the blade thats over the tail this then gives you the 90 deg phasing needed for a multi rotor head , but the cyclic input still goes into the rotor 90 degs before the action takes place , the part i find really clever is the retreating blade has more pitch added to allow for the same lift as the blade going forward and the max speed the heli can fly is controlled by the physics of the retreating blade stall

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I support that guy! Love his videos !! I've seen this one.. ! It was awesome! He is flying the Curtis Youngblood rave .. Or his friend is :)

holtneil

I wondered what it was i know now thank you , I think smarter every day is amazing but the helis one i watch all the time just to see the guy fly , Talking about Curtis youngblood have you seen the autorotation demo

- - - Updated - - -

the last one was from above cloud level

Top Bottom