Spektrum A couple of Videos for the New DX6.

Powerdyne

Hey all, I just wanted to share my videos that I made today of how to set up your Idle up switch to also operate your DR and expo as well as your tail gyro gain settings all from one switch.

Here's how to set up an Idle up paired with tail gain:
[video]https://youtu.be/fZj7u1r--is[/video]

And here's step 2, focusing on How to tie your D/R and Expo settings to the same switch in the last video!
[video]https://youtu.be/4C-Y9tnJAco[/video]

Hope this tip helps!

Be safe, have fun, and happy flying!

~Derek

trainrider06

Great video's Derek! How do you like that new 6? I'd like to get that or maybe a DX8, do you think the new six is just as good as the 8??

Powerdyne

Great video's Derek! How do you like that new 6? I'd like to get that or maybe a DX6, do you think the new six is just as good as the 8??

Thank you!

I really like the newer models of the Spektrum radios. I am a little miffed that I didn't' get an DX9, and they Just made a new DX7 too.

The DX6 is a great Tx, but it does have a couple little issues that I really don't care for. One being that there is no external charge port on the radio unless you buy Spektrum's battery pack for it that has the port built into the battery case. There is a rubber plug in the battery door that opens to reveal the port once the battery is installed, but you have to keep a foam plug beside the battery for it to line up correctly.

Mine also had an issue with the right stick gimbal's tension springs. They would not stay tight. I replaced the springs with a set I had laying around and it fixed the problem.

There's also the issue with the trainer port. If you use your Tx on a simulator with a wired connection, sometimes you Tx can lose bind with other models. I actually had this happen yesterday right before I went out to the flying field. Took me an extra half hour to fix, because I had to reprogram my ESC endpoints, and reprogram the throttle on my Robird Governor because of this.

One thing about it that I do like is that it stops transmitting while in the system menu. I just wish it would have an option to make it stop transmitting while you have it connected to a sim, at least to save batteries.

One cool thing is that it features wireless buddy boxing with other Spektrum new model radios!

An interesting note is that it has updateable firmware, and built in telemetry that you can use with the spektrum telemetry module (sold separately). THis means that it's one of the most versatile 6 channel Tx on the market.

Upon opening the case I also saw that it is identical in construction to the New DX9 (it has the extra knock outs under the front labels for the extra switches and knobs. I am wondering if one could upgrade it using an 8-9-11 etc channel module internally and add the needed switches with a firmware update? :lmao:

trainrider06

Very cool, thank you for the info on the 6. That sounds like a pretty decent radio despite bugs.
It does sound like one could quite possibly update it to a 9.

Powerdyne

Thanks Rodney! Yes, it's a very nice Tx that one can pick up for under $200. Some people don't like Spektrum radios, but I am sold on them now. They have really stepped up their game.

I am hoping that perhaps they will eventually produce a firmware upgrade so that one can program something like a BeastX flight controller with their radios kind of like the Mikado V-Control. Since they are retiring the AR7200BX, and now have the AR7300BX, maybe that's something they will announce at IRCHA or something.

I may end up buying a DX9.

trainrider06

Yeah I like Spektrum also, I really like my DX6i since I did the back light mod and replaced my roller, and button
and am sure the newer one is like a Rolls Royce compaired to mine.
I am stuck though between maybe getting the new 6, or waiting and getting the 9.
Of course if some rockin good deal came along for a nice 8 that might screw everything up! Lol

Yeah that would be cool if they advanced em like you say...sounds like they may be trying to head that way!

Top Bottom