FBL Gyro A Brain teaser ?

treff

A question on the Ikon, Brain fbl unit. Does the red led flash all the time after set up is complete.
I have a solid green led and a flashing red led and I can not find any reference in the destructions.
Any ideas are most welcome. One more question how do you centre the tail servo so you have equal
movement either side of the centre. Cheers
One more question lol when using Brain is the tail still set up in gear channel.
One more question Is the moon really that far away.
One more question what's the best way of getting more money
One more question Will I get answers to my questions.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

An ikon rep told me get the tail servo as close to 90 as you could then just use the rod to adjust the slider to centre, but if you really want to centre it you have to do it in advance menu,

treff

Thanks Graham. Still can not get the tail to work correctly. I have way more throw one way than the other. No one mentions in any of the videos
on the Ikon, Brain how to do this. I dont seemed to be able to get tail working in the rate mode so that oi goes back to the centre of travel so
I do not know where the centre position is. Also after watching that video I need to work out how to set the switches for the memory banks.
Lot to do, lots to learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that Kev been working on this all afternoon and still no closer to finishing. I must also go back and have a look at the governor.
Will it ever fly I ask myself. It's taking longer to do the setting up than the whole of the build lol Cheers

treff

I think this is a very poorly designed FBL unit. If you can not set the centre of the tail gyro then how do you do the throws.
All the videos show nothing of the relationship between the unit and the transmitter. I think that is very poor especially for the money.
The designers have done only half the job in my opinion. Where in the instructions does it show how to set the various switches. It doesn't
This product should carry a label saying that experience essential.
That's my rant over for the week.
Now, anyone want to buy a nice heli?

treff

Hi Kev.
Where to begin
Number one problem is I can not get the tail to centre. If I try to lengthen the pushrod to get the slider centred the rod is to short.
The servo never comes back to centre so I can never find centre. Problem number 2 is setting switch for the governor. Problem number 3
setting switch for memory bank. Problem number four is the fact I can't even remember what number four is lol.
I'm afraid it's all double dutch to me far to complicated for my old grey matter.

Slobberdog

I know this is a stupid question but do you have your gyro menu set up correct, switch gyro channel gear, then a pos and neg value,

Setting the bank and gov is a bit more tricky, now bare in mind I have not set up a gov, but in your switch menu set gov to aux 2 then in your gov menu set switch to gov and channel to aux 2

Graham Lawrie

The servo wont come back to centre unless you have idle up and heading hold settings in yout TX.

To find centre on your tail, move the rotor blades in towards each other. When they are level with each other that is centre:)

treff

Thanks both for the information but I think I have found the problem which is a broken servo. £70 servo and a dude bring back Hobbyking. I am not sure
but do you still have to set gyro channel to gear using the Brain. I thought the unit did all that and it's not mentioned in the destructions. I think I'm
getting to old for this but I'll have another go next week when I have more time. Just one more thing, I have not fitted any blades to this machine yet, to dangerous.
I did spool it up to full power and my wife Pauline thought is was the hoover lol, very quite, either that or I've not set the throttle right. Thanks again lads.
Just an update that was the problem I had not set the TX up correctly DOH! Cracked IT ! well some of it lol. I've been working on this all day and did not see that, blimey getting old.
Lastly the self levelling........................................how do you set that switch? Thanks again

Last edited:

treff

Thanks Graham. Problem with helis is which part should be level. On this 5.5 there is no place to get a level.
I put my big level on our dining table and that was spot on then put the heli on the table and press the button but
how do I program the switch to switch on the auto level for the TX ? This heli has beem my steepest learning curve since
I brought my first HK kit lol. After all this work I'm going to put it on a shelf in the study and just look at it. lol

Sparse

We could really use a step by step video of how to setup the brain, I am gonna start mine brain setup tomorrow. As teff I am gonna have questions also.

Top Bottom