A big hello from Athens.

Hello from Athens Greece! I 'm Bill and I'm trying for a year now to fly my mini titan 325 with AH-1W fuselage on it. Great heli especially for a beginner! Actually I had two micro helis on the very beginning but I lost them both in the air. Next morning I was trying to find them but with no luck! This was my first conclusion of what wind can cause to a heli. But with a heli of 1kg as mini titan things change a lot. I bought this combo with AH1W from a local store. In a year I have replace all the micro servos with savox metal gear ones. I changed the esc because the stock one was overheated very quick with the yge 40A. Also a Spartan quark head lock gyro replaced the stock one, and the most serious upgrade I 've done is the beautifull dx9 black edition radio. Anyway now I'm in the stage that I can do all the set up of the heli by myself, as some of the main local stores here in Athens do not provide the help I would like to. And I'm trying to fly it! Pnoenix sim is a great help. And you tube set up videos of rchelp are a savior!

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to RCH! We have a Simulator Sunday every sunday at 7:00 PM Central time here in the US. It would be very early or very late for you, but if you are up, you are more than welcome to join!

:welcome1:

Smoggie

Welcome to the forum. Learning with a scale heli is doing it the hard way, but best of luck, I hope it goes smoothly.

Admiral

Welcome to the forum, I agree with Smoggie scale bodies are to sit on the shelf and look at while you hone your skills on a Pod & Boom body.

Good luck, how about some pictures.

I must say that you are absolutely right. For a beginner it is wise to start with a pod and boom heli. As a technician had told me, put your scale on the self to look at it and make you happy and buy a pod and boom to learn. This thing with the fuselage on it,doesn't fly, were his words. Well, I can't understand exactly the reason of why a fuselage on a helicopter considered to be a drawback, especially for a beginner. Consider that I haven't started doing sport flying yet. Maybe in a 2 months time I will, but not now.
The only problem with the fuselage that I have seen,is that after a crash if you are not able to fix it you have to spend another 100 dollars for a new kit, for a 450 size as my mini titan is. And particular for this heli, the fuselage comes in two side pieces which are applied in specific areas on the body of the heli. There are no issues of precise balancing the fuselage on the heli body. So, why it considered to be a disadvantage?

Admiral

The other $100.00 for a new fuselage is the disadvantage when you add it too the new main shaft, feathering shaft, a set of blades, main gear, tail boom and maybe tail rotor shaft, which are the common items that break in a beginners crashes, we do not really care we are only offering advise from our experiences.

If you are happy with the $100 it is your call, I love scale fuselages too, nothing looks better than a scale helicopter.

Top Bottom