500 A beautiful day....

trainrider06

ends in.....image.jpg
I went Idol 1 heli was super super sensitive, elevated up then I just barely moved it down....
and it came down fast! Pounded into the ground broke skids, burnt up tips of blades and tail blades.
I'm wondering if I don't have the BeastX set on a very high rate...
Because I mean I just barely brought stick down and she went down fast!
I noticed too that even in Idol O it was quite sensitive, taking very minimal stick to move it around...
Hafta check that, while I am bumming out....:(

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
You didn't happen to set some expo on the collective did you? It will be in the throttle curve menu. If you did, remove it and set it back to INH. And go into the parameter menu on the BX and make sure you are on sport mode.

Also check your pitch curve. It should be linear in IU1.

trainrider06

You didn't happen to set some expo on the collective did you? It will be in the throttle curve menu. If you did, remove it and set it back to INH. And go into the parameter menu on the BX and make sure you are on sport mode.

Also check your pitch curve. It should be linear in IU1.
I'll check but hadn't messed with it, only thing I changed was the throttle settings Like you told me.
I suspect it's in high mode instead of sport...because like I said before it was twitchy (not much stick to move it in normal)
and once in idol up, it became super responsive! I was only like 10-15 feet in the air, and I just barely (I mean barely) brought the throttle down, and it slammed down before I could blink!

murankar

Staff member
Also check your deadband in the gyro. I think the lower the number the more sensitive the sticks are. If your on default then it should be around 2 or 3. Maybe bump up one number and see if that tames it down. Control behavior and stick deadband are equivalent to your d/r and expo in the TX.

trainrider06

Also check your deadband in the gyro. I think the lower the number the more sensitive the sticks are. If your on default then it should be around 2 or 3. Maybe bump up one number and see if that tames it down. Control behavior and stick deadband are equivalent to your d/r and expo in the TX.

Where do I check that?

murankar

Staff member
If its a beastx its in the parameters menu. Press the button for a second or two and release. That should be the parameters menu. Not sure if Tony has that part of the setup on video.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

Ok, I'll watch it again tonight, and see, also see if it's in manual...I' thinking that musta been it, because it was so quick reacting, more than I was ready for, and sensitive...wow! Lol

Tony

Staff member
Parameter menu E is the stick dead band setting. You want a red flashing light in most cases.

trainrider06

Parameter menu E is the stick dead band setting. You want a red flashing light in most cases.

Ok Tony, thank ya! Hafta order skids /blades so be a while before I can mess with it...
So probably next week or so before I'll be able to do anything with it...
I noticed something also while inspecting post crash damage, the main gear case set had separated again from the one way bearing....I noticed this because when I picked up the heli by the head the whole shaft assymbly moved up....now what I am wondering is maybe this actually separated when I went into Idol 1, then with just a slight stick movement with the shaft moving up and down that it magnified my pitch....
Hmmm?

Tony

Staff member
If your shaft slid up, then that would account for the massive negative pitch. IMO, order a whole new one way assembly with new gears.

trainrider06

If your shaft slid up, then that would account for the massive negative pitch. IMO, order a whole new one way assembly with new gears.

Got it on the list! I'll check all my settings though also, but really as insane as that thing behaved, it may be a mechanical issue. I was thinking that it had separated because it pounded down on the ground so hard...because I would have noticed the play in the head when I picked it up...or maybe not...with it initialized.... Hmm?
Oh well gonna cover all bases here on it.

Top Bottom