Other 9x turnigy controller

murankar

Staff member
I have that in a thread already. Since I am on my phone I can't link it that easy. My setting is for flapperons. Once you do flapperons its easy.

I reckon you are using to aux channels for the flaps??? I currently don't have my radio with me and if i did I still have an eeprom error to fix.

Dalls Hof

I think I got the flaperons working.. can a guy get the elevs to move with the flaperons too then? So I got the ailerons and elevators working as flaps?

Why do you want the elevators to act as flaps? I've never heard of that before so you have me curious as to why you would want elevators as flaps?
Just me thinking, but if you had your elevators already down, then you are actually losing some authority of the bird in take off and landing, as having the elevators at the rear of the plane, the minute you're trying to drop the elevators a bit, your bird is going to want to climb, which will have the effect of slowing it down, but i'm not sure it's going to create the characteristics you want.

murankar

Staff member
If you are trying to achieve a noise down attitude then I would use a mix. I normally when the elevator goes down so does the nose.

I think if you adjust your cog for. Slight nose heavy then you would be better off I think. Just as a fyi I think mixing in the stock firmware does not work. You would need er9x or some other firmware that fixes that issue.

Thinking about this further. the tail on most aircraft have little to no airfoil shape, therefore you aren't going to gain any lift benefit from using it as flaps. As the above post says, you try and point the elevator down, and your aiming to turn your nose into the deck.
The physics of flaps mixed with elevators don't seem to add up to me.
Curious to know the reason why you want the elevator mixed with your flaps before I say anything else though

Dalls Hof

Well im just playing around and just got to thinking it would give more lift or drag. But I was just thinking u know. It wouldnt work ? Huh?

Rear elevator wont give you any extra lift.
The tail is there more as a stability and control surface.
For slowing down and lift, your flaperons are going to be the best bet.
By pointing your elevators down you're essentially trying to point the nose to the ground, which would defeat the purpose.
What size is the plane you've got? Could you actually create your own flaps in the wing? What is the plane you're flying?

Nice looking plane!!
Ok I was going to suggest trying to add flaps to it, but with that bird I wouldn't consider doing that.
You're going flaperons which will do the job. The whole plane will have massive control surfaces, and the tail in particular will have large control areas.
The whole idea of it is to create great roll rates and be very responsive.
i already thought these things have pretty good stall rates on them. One of the other guys on the forum may correct me on that. Being an acrobatic plane it wont fly as slow as a beaver or storch, but still should be able to fly reasonably slow, then give her a kick and she'll zing along nicely.
She certainly looks like a lot of fun to fly!
I know have to ask, why are you wanting to slow it down and add drag etc?

Tony

Staff member
When using flaperons, you will want to add UP elevator to the mix. Most higher end Tx have a flap menu where you can add it. However, you may ahve to do some custom mixing and that could get a little hard, more than we can explain here anyway lol. Posting a video would help out a lot on this matter.

Dalls Hof

When using flaperons, you will want to add UP elevator to the mix. Most higher end Tx have a flap menu where you can add it. However, you may ahve to do some custom mixing and that could get a little hard, more than we can explain here anyway lol. Posting a video would help out a lot on this matter.
I do have that turnigy9x for a controller. So I could try it. But wouldnt no how to even begin. Its new to me.

Dalls Hof

Can you send me a link on that

- - - Updated - - -

I have that in a thread already. Since I am on my phone I can't link it that easy. My setting is for flapperons. Once you do flapperons its easy.

I reckon you are using to aux channels for the flaps??? I currently don't have my radio with me and if i did I still have an eeprom error to fix.
Can you send me a link on that

Top Bottom