Videos 7yo Jacob Flying FPV

Tony

Staff member
That was fantastic. Especially for his first go at it. A few more flights like that and he will be ready for a 250! Great job Jacob!

Derek

That's really really good! Well done, Jacob! Stambo...you've gotta be happy with that! Too cool!!!

Stambo

Weather forecast looking good for flying this weekend, hopefully I can upload some more vids of Jacob flying FPV. :D
I have set up a little course for him and if (when) he does well I will follow him and hopefully get some chase footage.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Weather forecast looking good for flying this weekend, hopefully I can upload some more vids of Jacob flying FPV. :D
I have set up a little course for him and if (when) he does well I will follow him and hopefully get some chase footage.

That's cool Stambo/Jacob :hdbng: Like father like son, huh :duck: When are you going to introduce him to helis :thinking: As long as you guys enjoy your quality time together, no matter what you do, that's what really counts! Happy Holidays.

Tony

Staff member
Little Jacob LIKE A BOSS on that 4 channel! Piro's and everything. Great job little man.

Stambo

The weather finally cooperated enough for Jacob to have another go.
Maybe it's just the proud dad in me but I think he did pretty well. :D
I think he is about ready for the 250.

Jacob FPV2 - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Little man is getting good. But no matter where you move your truck, it seems that he will find it lol.

Stambo

I finished setting up a 250 for Jacob with my old 3s stuff last night based on one of those coloured plastic Hobbyking frames.
I have set it up really tame for him, self level only, maximum tilt is 30deg and fairly low rates, test flown and working well.
I initially had it set up to buddy box but the way he is flying I don't think he needs it.
I have a spare frame, if he breaks it we can fix it. :)
Video will come after the weekend if the weather cooperates. :D

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Like father, like son. Awesome job Jacob. When are you going to hand over the truck keys Stambo, :eek1: that's next, lol

Stambo

The weather cooperated nicely on the weekend and Jacob got his first flights of a 250 class miniquad.
I have to say he did extremely well.
It won't be too long before I have some competition, and I am looking forward to it. :D
This was shot over 2 days, he was not keen on a second pack either day so I am assuming that this may have been mentally quite tough on his young brain. :)
This video is a bit long but the difference in confidence with only 2 packs is amazing and I could not bear to cut any more out. :)

Jacob250FPV - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
That little dude is doing fantastic! Give him some time and you will need to purchase extra batteries just for him. Oh, as well as his own racing quad lol.

Stambo

Jacobs third battery with his 250 quad.
I gave him a better camera, he loved that it has his name in it. :)
Unscheduled landing at the end but it all helps the learning process.
No damage done, all ready for the next one. :)

Top Bottom