700 700e dfc hv

PHIL1234

I have just bought 700e dfc hv and when you read the manual you need a receiver batter, but you dont get a seperate bec, i got castle creations 120a hv esc with opto isolated throttle lead whatever that means, but i do like having
a receiver battery on for protection, any info on how to do that with this esc .

thanks phil

pvolcko

Castle HV ESCs are opto isolated on the throttle input, meaning they do not supply any power back to the connected FBL/Rx. If you want to use a Rx battery pack, then you have a few options:

1) Put high voltage (up to 8.4v) capable Rx, FBL, and servos on the helicopter and power them directly off a 2S lipo flight pack. Alternatively use a LiFe pack and components that support that voltage level (don't know it off the top).

2) If you don't want to run high voltage components, then use a voltage regulator between the Rx battery pack and the electronics to step down the voltage to a safe level (up to 6v usually).

3) If you are thinking option 2, then why not just use a BEC and power the electronics through the main flight pack? What protection does a separate Rx pack through a regulator provide that the main pack through a BEC regulator doesn't?

If you're wanting some peace of mind, consider using main packs into a BEC coupled with something like a scorpion backup guard or an optipower ultra-guard. The optipower has some very nice features that, I think, puts it a step or two ahead of the scorpion unit.

PHIL1234

●T-REX 700E DFC Kits Set x 1set
●Aluminum Tail Boom x 1
●3K Carbon Fiber Tail Boom x 1
●690 3G Carbon Fiber Blades x 1set
●750MX Brushless Motor(530KV) x 1
●3GX Flybarless system x 1
●BL700H High Voltage Brushless Servo x 3
●BL750H High Voltage Brushless Servo x 1
●Castle ICE2 HV 120 Brushless ESC x 1
●105mm 3K Carbon Fiber Tail blades
and the Receiver AR7610 Receiver AR7610 so i could add beck if i wanted or just use a 2 cell battery to get power to the receiver.
thanks

Dirk

I run a 2 Cell lipo directly to my Ikon and servos. I don't trust BEC's. Too many horror stories about them failing. Just remember to charge the 2 Cell lipo as well!

cml001

I use a 2S lipo into the Align RCE-B6X regulator as I don't have HV servos... Works well.. Has LEDs to show u voltage level.. I like it so far.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Top Bottom